[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - new 'washin machine' in the house.............

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new 'washin machine' in the house.............
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:49 pm 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

http://thegreatmodel8.remingtonsociety. ... 4063399ba6

naw...not a washing machine...a washin machine.......when you shot a remmie 8 or 81....it clickty clacks bangity bangs........ :bigrin: :crzy:
i traded for a 81 in 300 savage...but, it won't eject upon firing the empty...but a yank on the bolt handle easily clears the empty...any ideas?
i have checked springs/extractor/chamber etc etc.......
:ow: :?: :-?

anyhow....she shoots to point of aim......and a NICE trigger pull!

i'll check in later....now back to my horns...........

Post subject: Re: new 'washin machine' in the house.............
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:08 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Don't forget to feed the pig(s)!! :rotflma: :rotflma: :jok: SW

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:25 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

congrats - do post more photos of ....clickty clacks bangity bangs........

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:07 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I'll have to read up on 'em. I have an 8 in 30 rem that's pretty brutal on the shoulder. Isn't the action recoil operated? I don't think there is any gas involved. Maybe a good chamber cleaning might help. Or maybe the spring is too stout? Maybe for the 35 Rem?????

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:07 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:27 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Well the 8 has the metal crescent buttplate...........that's what makes it brutal! The 81's redesigned butt makes it a little bit better :lol

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:05 am 
Corporal
Corporal

I have a complete bolt, carrier and extractor for one if you need any of those parts. :wink: Carefull if you decide to tear it completely down. Took me three days :crzy: to figure out how to put mine back together.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:34 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

Look at the casein it will tell the story.it mite be blowing out from a loose fit and bulging in the chamber free space. Try to put the shell casein in a gun the same caliber if you have 1 and see if it is too big to fit.

Put a big brush on a cleaning rod + hook it to your drill and, do it dry then w.d 40 .It don't take much to make it stick.Ifs the brass is all DUll+shiny looking like a simble. it 's most time crud in there causing the brass to swell tight and distorts the finish of the brass.

The head space mite be a bit to large???
Look at the firing pin mark and see the mark.A deep or poked through is a sign of loose head space.Blows primer back into the firing pin and leaves deeper dent or a hole.

Thats the first 3 things i would do in that order...Good luck.

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:58 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I was looking at these a lot a couple of years ago. One of the cops used one to help take out Bonnie & Clyde. After reading about the abuse your shoulder takes I decided not to get one.

Yes, I'm a wimp. :kap:

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:19 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

ok...she working now.....i had to "pull" the barrel outta the jacket. evidently, years of sitting in the closet, the recoil buffer had "glued" itself to the barrel!......so instead of it just falling out when disassembled....it need a padded vise, and leather gloves on my part!!!!!!!!!!!

no recoil problems on this one tho!...shot a 1" 50yd group......perfect bore and chamber! thanks for the imput fellows......now to find some more ammo!
:m60:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:07 pm 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

:jmp: :kap: :m60: