[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Can someone identify this rifle?

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Can someone identify this rifle?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:44 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

Bob just had me list 'our' two Jap rifles......rifles are so-so....but the bayoo's with them are the 'goodies' thing!...............one is a 'rare' made one as I was told~
accuracy wise...NO mil rifle beats the 6.5 swed......... :-o I have one left, but still gallon milk jugs at 500yds shudder when I say SWED!!!!!!!!!!!! :kap: :kap: :kap:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:28 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

The auction is tomorrow so I think I'll study this thread and try to get knowed up on what I may be looking at. I'm supposed to go for a motorcycle ride with my pal too so I'll have to check it out before I go.....if it looks promising I'll have to see if my sweetie will go and see if he can pick it up for me....at a reasonable price of course.
Hey Hogger.....if you're in town and not out riding a train somewhere, maybe you'd be there??? At least you could tell me what the hell I was looking at :Dbounce:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:36 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Unfortunately, that's just what I will be doing.

If you can grab the Type I for $200 or less, you could turn it around for a profit. Actually, the 6.5 Jap is a mild round and you might enjoy shooting it. SW

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:14 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Thanks Hogger.....heading out soon to get a sneak peek!

How's the book coming along?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:24 am 

It's done. Publisher guy had a bunch more fascist stuff he wanted to add, but he didn't think the spine of the book would support very many more pages. We are stopping at 450 profusely illustrated pages. He mailed me a CD so I can edit everything - including the facist stuff about which I know next to nothing.

Copies ready to sell by April 15. He thinks.

The fiction novel is 95% done now - just needs to be formatted. If you read sappy 'time & place that never was' kind of books, I'll send it. Princess - savages - dragons - evil ( but darn hot) sorceress chick who fancies the Princess' sweetie pie... ( who has berserker blood in his veins) - demented cousin who would do anything for the sorceress chick... Pretty sappy stuff. ;) SW

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:15 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Sounds interesting! Keep me posted!

I checked out that rifle.....appears to be a type 1..... Nothing but a serial....I900....looks pretty nice, what do you suppose that should go for?? The serial falls in that range you were talking about about.....another guy was checking it out pretty close. The guns go at noon.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:14 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Maybe it was a T900.....looked like it coulda been an I, probably not though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:02 pm 

It was an I which shows it was made by Beretta. I'm staying with my $200 guess.

Sorry I didn't get back sooner - I actually did yard work & the green dumpster is FULL. Trimmed branches from around the cable & power lines... took everything out to the alley & stuffed in the proper dumpster... ( don't put branches in the green one! :-o ) Got all sore from bending over & picking up junk... I'll pay for it tomorrow.

18 don't last forever. :old: SW

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:27 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Not a problem Hogger! As it turned out, I decided to go on the ride with my pal.....it was a beautiful day, we rode down to Cabela's and looked at the guns and just dinked around. All the way down I was telling myself how proud of myself I was for not succumbing to my impulsiveness :bigrin: and the other things I could do with that money.......like buy another Swiss Products scope mount....more ammo....a new seat for my motorcycle....a new rear tire....not to mention just a little bit to the taxman.
Hope you aren't too sore tomorrow, I know how that goes...the mind says 18 but the body just likes to remind you that you're not. Nothing like a good bike ride to make me feel young again.....well, almost :lol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:31 am 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...if I ride a bike i end up lookin like that fella on the tricycle in the ol 'Laugh In" show

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:18 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:15 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i keep thinking one more scooter , then i remind myself i came damn close to buying the farm when i was in my twenties , it makes me question starting again in my sixtys ,

i do wish i could visit allience again before i cannot , as a kid my great uncle was the stationmaster there , my great aunt the teligrapher , they were some of the good family , the ones you miss , been gone since the 60-70s now , but i still fire up the old atwater kent that used to sit in their living room , its weird to hear modern music come from that old radio ,

one of the nice things of such a broad spectrum site i guess , you all make me remember so much ,

the family moved to sumner nebraska as settlers , and kids spread to euricka springs arkansas , and alliance nebraska working for the rail road ,

and mario - out in ohio there is a highschool love , she grew up in ashville , i think she might still live in your fair state ,

and one part of my family "brunners" came from there in the migration , my other side 'smith' left from pickaway county in 1850 , some are burried in carrol , ohio , others in logan county - green beach woods , and fairfeild county
they got tied up with the part from pennsylvania - and moved to central city iowa as farmers