[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Chinese ammo caution

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chinese ammo caution
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:45 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I don't believe I'll be buying any of this chink "armor piercing" ammo. Looks like the top one ignited those on either side.

Must have been rank overloads. When I shot metallic silhouettes back in the day, I fed my 10" model 29 a steady diet of mastadon whackers & it got a little loose but nothing like this. SW

China_bullets_02.jpg
China_bullets_02.jpg [ 40.92 KiB | Viewed 4255 times ]

China_bullets_04.jpg
China_bullets_04.jpg [ 33.97 KiB | Viewed 4255 times ]

China_bullets_05.jpg
China_bullets_05.jpg [ 40.8 KiB | Viewed 4255 times ]

Post subject: Re: Chinese ammo caution
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:52 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

really ? thats a catastrophic failure and life and limb in peril occurance , no way i would buy any of that chit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:40 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Last time a saw a revolver blown up like that the guy wanted cheap reloads and pulled the bullets from a brick or .22's and filled his .357 cases to the top and forced a 158 grain ball on top. His model 19 took 2 of them and let go on the third. He actually brought it back to the shop and wanted his money back, said he was sold a defective gun. Besides his filling his pants he didn't even get a scratch.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:27 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

That is some scary stuff right there. I stopped using WW year sago because of QC issues, I don't think I have any chink stuff, Isn;t Golden Tiger Russian ? Now I have to go through all my 7.62 cases and check, after thinking for a sec I seem to remember buy a few boxes with chink writeing on them at a show or something cheap.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:39 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Is that .357 or .44? Didn't know there was chinese made on the US market in this calibre. I would take everything found on the interweb with a grain of salt. I have seen those pictures before but not with the 'chinese armor piercing ammo' warning attributed to it.

I have shot plenty of chi-com 7.62 and while smelly & dirty it was quite accurate & I never had a FTF issue with it.

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:24 am 

I lifted the pics from an article on a Russian site, so the credibility is suspect. Still, I'll stick to MY reloads! I am too cheep to buy factory ammo. SW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:53 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Those look like the same pictures I saw a couple years ago. No mention then of Chinese ammo.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:36 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

......ditto....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:15 pm 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

fill up a case with bullseye.... :P

2400 is the ONLY powder I used in the 44 case.with Keith bullets......20-22gr gave great power......but it would work a 29 loose after hundreds of rounds...so I switched over to ruger superblackhawks.... :Dbounce:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:44 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

The bullets look to be Hornady XTP's.
I also saw these pictures a couple of years ago and the story accompanying the pictures at that time was that a novice reloader was to blame.

Also please recall that it was the Clinton administration that, shortly before the Brady Bill and A.W. ban was passed, philandering Bill penned a "Joint Operating Agreement" with the Chi-Coms. In short the agreement was they could dump nearly an unlimited amount of "stuff" on our shores as long as it wasn't firearms or ammo!

So, it was about 1995-1996 since there's been any Chinese ammo imported to the US. Making the above pictures rather unlikely to have been caused recently by "bad Chinese ammo".

If everyone thought like me, I'd be a fool to think any differently!