[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Ruger question

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ruger question
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:49 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

The back story: wifey's seester got the home place in the wheat farm dee-vorce. So she's going around with a legal size pad taking notes relative to what junk equipment & vehicles to mark for the scrap metal cutter-upper. ( all farmers drag same out to a tree row where it rusts away... must be a farmer status symbol or something :roll: :crzy: )

She looks in all the old pickups for tools & what not... and in one was an old Ruger 22 auto pistol. She sez it's rusted all to heck - been there at LEAST 20 years - but it's mine gratis.

So. I look around on line & see you can buy new uppers for Ruger 22 auto pistolas. Grips & springs & it just might run again.

The pressing issue: will an upper for a Mk III or Mk IV fit on a gen 1 auto? She wasn't there when I left for work so no pics until tomorrow. If it's not a complete basket case, I'll post pics in the Project forum.

Wait! It gets better! While going through tool cabinets in a shed she found another pistol. No word at all what it might be. Their Dad had a Colt Pocket Positive in 32 short Colt but I very much doubt I get that lucky.

More news early Sunday.

Oh. Any advice on how to remove a Ruger 22 pistol upper? I mean after it soaks in a gallon of diesel for a week or so. SW

Post subject: Re: Ruger question
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:29 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Thank MechTec for our library section ;)

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=7076

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:18 pm 

Well, seester came in today and no pistolas. "Oh dear! I forgot them!"

Right. Now I question if they exist. Ah well... maybe later. SW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:21 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

we will be watching :-o :-o

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:39 pm 

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =301239187

When I called to pay for the upper shown, the young lady requested an FFL copy. No problem but I looked at the other Ruger 22 pistol uppers the ads also specified FFL required.

Is that the standard drill? I thought lowers were the part requiring paperwork.

Seester still swears up & down she has the rusty Mk I. SW

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:56 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

it all depends on which part is actually considered to be the 'gun' , most think of the reciever when thinking of bolt guns , the lower is on the AR type , in some cases it could be the upper on pistols , i believe its generally the serial numbered bit ,

and as always its best to know before you go looking to buy , dont want to become a statistic in a fast and furious exercise ......

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:11 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I know that with a 1911 it is the frame (lower). You can get all the uppers you want without an FFL.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:03 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

On those the Upper is the serialized part, ie. the 'Gun'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:31 pm 

Then a Ruger 22 pistola lower is no FFL? Odd.

But I have a plan for the rust bucket Mk I. I'll score a plastic food storage thing, fill it with diesel & let soak for a couple weeks. Chuck up a wire brush in the old drill press & make iron oxide fly.

Then it will be a matter of what other parts I need to score. No doubt a magazine - possibly bolt internals & I suspect I'll need a new set o' springs... should the gun magically appear.

It should be fun to get it running again. SW

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:51 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Kind of like the 'lower' on an AR is the controlled part where as the 'upper' on an FAL is the controlled part.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:53 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

exactly - its the serial numbered part as a rule of thumb