Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mitchell, Nebr gun show report
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:46 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Actually not a bad show. Lots o' people there. Saw a lot of guns walking in the door = a good day to be a parking lot shark if you're into that. Not me.

Overall, prices weren't too bad. The most expensive was large caliber auto handguns and AKs. EBRs weren't that bad overall.

A few milsurps - saw 4 Enfields @ 160 each. I've no idea what model. I may have mentioned before an optomistic seller who had a 6.5 Vetterli priced at 750. It was down to 250 and the rest of his junk was also down. He really hit me with a sales pitch but I already have those - and a Dutch Beaumont - and other stuff on his rack. Saw a Dutch cav carbine @ 250 but the wooden left side magazine covering had been cut off so pass.

Lots of shotguns & coyote rifles. Cheep 22 rifles in abundance. Saw a 1907 Dreyese 32 auto missing the mag for 150. Seller said he had room but I passed. Saw a short Garand bayonet for 65 - no scabbard & I don't have a Garand so pass.

A lot of Marlins but I quit that genre several years ago. No sardine tins of ammo - no primers or powder to speak of.

Saw M1As averaging 2000. Nice but too pricey. I did see a vendor with snub S&Ws at pretty much normal prices = in the 400 range. Any 45 auto was 750+ Saw a BP revolver that had been converted to 38 S&W @ $300. But it was a brass frame so pass.

A guy I know had brass for cheep & I should have grabbed more 38 spl but I didn't. Didn't spend a penny & left. Stopped by my FFL guy to pick up a rifle & gave him the show lowdown. He's over 80 & in poor health & didn't get tables this year. I was glad I went even if I didn't buy anything. SW

Post subject: Re: Mitchell, Nebr gun show report
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:58 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....at least a good way to spend some time....I'm way overdue to go to one-been a long time since the last :roll:

Post subject: Re: Mitchell, Nebr gun show report
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:17 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

sounds an entertaining outing , ive been to many without buying and enjoyed them , its just nice to get out and go looking

theres one here the 8th of dec , i will be meeting the friends there , not looking for anything particular [passively a brit brown bess flintor] but i still need to unload my 'spare' martini & bayonet so ill probably lug it along ,