[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Cheyenne, Wyo gun show report

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cheyenne, Wyo gun show report
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:52 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Wasn't what I expected - no more crowded than normal - no line to get in. Crowded inside, but it's a small building & they oversell tables.

Frenzy prices but no frenzy buying. No ARs under 1500 - no AKs under 1000 - 223 ammo a buck a lick everywhere I checked the tag - not much 7.62x39 ammo but it was also at least a buck a lick. None of that stuff was changing hands.

Not much for milsurps. Saw an interesting M.95 still in x50R but @ 215, it was too much. Saw a few Enfields in the 175 range but I wouldn't know a good grab if I saw it.

Any 1911 clones were expensive - revolvers weren't too bad on the whole. Saw an interesting cap-n-ball. I thought it was a modern one that had been aged. Nope an aged original @ 1700.

The Class III table was interesting... live M60 @ 32,000... live MP5 @ 20,000... live Mac-11 @ 4500. Way cool but over my pay grade.

I did score SP & LR primers @ 33 each. The primer & powder guy was doing steady biz. No frenzy buying just a thousand or two at a time - couple pounds of powder at a time. I also grabbed a vintage K frame lefty holster for a fast fiver.

Lots o' cops present but nothing going on & they looked bored. Heard some telling war stories... "The first liar doesn't stand a chance."

One last look around & home I went! SW

Post subject: Re: Cheyenne, Wyo gun show report
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:23 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....and no protestors,eh??? :lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:32 pm 

This is Wyo. If there had been protesters, it would have been about EBR prices. Besides, there just wasn't room. Normally, you can park at the VF Dubya right next door, but they had something going so I parked 2 blocks away in a dry spot. ( warm weather melted all the snow)

It's a dirt street out front so people could have had fun zooming by & soaking the lib-tards in mud. So no lib tards.

Forgot to add: SKS were all priced between 500 & 750. Most had a cheep NC Star scope on action cover mount added. I thought it was a good sign there was no frenzy buying. SW

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:30 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....there sure is in these parts... :roll: .....still,goin to a gunshow like that still sounds more fun and a better use of time than sittin in a cube starin at computer screens.....not sure about drivin a train though-even thats more interesting than sittin in a cube to me... :crzy: :rotflma: :grin: :grin: :grin: ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:31 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

I plan on going to our local show next weekend. I need a pound or two of powder.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:35 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

I have been layed up and missed the last 2 shows that i go to.But i herd they were packed and long lines . :ow:

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:25 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Went to the Princeton,IL. gunshow Saturday, one word PACKED!
The entrance line was 100yrds+ long and 4 abreast, waited 45 minutes in 20 degree weather, not to bad so far.
Once inside it was worse, could not hardly move around. I went looking for a replacement mag for a .22 and never found that. I did notice some interesting prices though,
M1's =$1000 to $1400
M1 Carbines = $700 (junk) to $1200
Ar platforms = $1700 to way high, saw one for $2400
AK's = $1000 to $1600 and up
.223 ammo = .75 to $1.25 a round, but most were sold out within the first 2 hours of the start.
Mags =$30 to $60 for most any 30 round mags.
It was so jammed that I tried to get through the three connected buildings, but finally gave up and sat with some of the guys from the range at the range table.
Went thru the crowd to my buddies table later and helped him restock components, he couldn't get out from behind his tables and get to his 24' cube van to get anything. He's usually got only him and the Mrs. working, yesterday he had 3 other guys back there.
To nutty for me. I ended up with no mag, but bought some plastic ammo boxes for the reloading projects.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:57 am 

The madness continues - I just got $1035 for a stinking Marlin 35 Rem lever action on gunborker. :-o Time to see what else I don't need in the safe. SW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:26 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:22 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

was scheduled to attend one in the twin citieslast weekend but gimp had a glitch middle of the night and we cancelled , kinda a good thing as the freezing rain resulted in terrible road conditions and lots of vehicals in the ditch and accidents about the time we would have been returning ,

stinkpot and walnuthead went tho - waiting to hear how they did

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:13 am 

No worries, Doc - it's a concern to all of us. I've a 4x6 card file with matching tags on guns for easy ID. A description and approximate worth is on the cards.

At the front of the cards is my gunborker password and detailed instructions on how to sell. Also the warning to sell NOTHING locally or to Cabelas! SW

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:46 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I've been thinking about that too....I did a computer list of all mine (not that many...not as many as I'd like) with all the info...price paid, serials, etc and sent a copy to son and daughter....guess I should do more

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:55 pm 

Another gunshow in Cheyenne this weekend, Ellie! I saw an ad for it in the paper today. SW