[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Way cool!!!

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Way cool!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:02 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

This one really calls to me! The voices in my head are getting hoarse telling me to hit a couple CDs & grab it... but it's 4 large outside my pay grade. Six shots are not common at all.

Still... if I ever hit the lottery, I'll collect these. SW

c96a.jpg
c96a.jpg [ 88.95 KiB | Viewed 6893 times ]

c96b.jpg
c96b.jpg [ 58.74 KiB | Viewed 6893 times ]

Post subject: Re: Way cool!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:56 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Is this a spanish made piece? I don't see the typical mauser banner or millings on it.

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:04 pm 

Real deal Mouser. It's early enough a lot of the standard marks seen later aren't there.

I do believe I'll be sending the upper of my Bolo in to be linered. SW

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:32 pm 
Grand Pooh-Bah
Grand Pooh-Bah

I once had a chance to pick up a German Broomhandle at a pawn shop for $750. I kick myself in the arse many times for not jumping on it.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:02 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Are those lugs at the rear mid-frame what I think they are? Wood holster/butt stock?

Very cool piece. Sposed to be a replica broomie out in .177 steel b.b. this spring, but I ain't holdin my breath. Been announced 2 or 3 times over the past few years with no production ever getting off the ground...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:23 am 

The lugs are to grasp & remove the internal parts. The insides just slide out after the release point is lifted.

I'll post pics in another forum when I get around to taking mine apart to send off the upper to be linered. SW

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:55 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

Flat side with a large ring hammer. is that a Egyptian one?
Mine are all german except 1 1925 9mm chinese c96.
That is a nice 1.I have a set of those grips here somewhere.

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:15 pm 

It's a very early Mauser model for sale in Europe. I like your assortment! SW

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:29 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

Thanks ,, I just found that on g/b wow what a asking price on that 1.

I like the smaller magazine and the big ring hammer.I have tried to win a hammer like that several times but they go for big bucks too.

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:01 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

This is my way cool one. A Dan Wesson 15-2V in .357 Magnum. I can change to 2.5, 4, 6, and 8" barrels. I am looking for the optional 3 barrel /shroud assemblies, 10, 12, 1nd 15". But they are not really readily available.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:24 am 

I always wanted a DW 375 Super mag. Now they are priced out of reach. SW

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:57 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I have a DW 357 super mag. Since I have the same caliber in my Encore I don't shoot it much now.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:36 am 

DW made the ne plus ultra of 357 calibers = the 360 DW. Even longer than the super mag.

It might have had problems gas cutting the pistol frame - haven't heard much about it for a long time. SW

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:51 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I never heard of the 360 DW. Will have to google to see if there is any info on it.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:36 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:16 pm 

Pretty cool but overpriced given the condition. Looks like it was a competition gun for silhouette shooting = it has been fed a steady diet of mastadon whackers.

Still, these are way stouter than a Smith. I shot a Smith model 29 loose in one summer of competition while my brudder's DW hung right it there with the rankest hot loads we could stuff in the cylinder.

In retrospect, I believe a standard 44 mag with 300+ grain bullets loaded to make the gun last is actually the way to go. SW

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:48 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I wouldn't even think about pricing mine anyway near that. When I was selling my Ruger Max's had one guy ask if the DW was for sale. I more that doubled my money on the Rugers.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:35 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice mauser - always been above my pay grade , so i avoid temptation and i just look ,

had one of those DW 357mag a freiend has it now