[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - What's your favorite gun for fun shooting session?

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What's your favorite gun for fun shooting session?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:38 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

And might as well ask if that gun ever changes? Went out over the weekend for a little just for fun shooting and realized that for the past six months or so one pistol keeps finding its way into the shooting box. phpdb4bvkPM.jpg
phpdb4bvkPM.jpg [ 70.23 KiB | Viewed 11402 times ]

Right now it is a Colt officers match .38 Spl. Some how it has replaced the Smith model 15 that use to be in there and I just wondered if you people seem to have rotating favorites as well.

Post subject: Re: What's your favorite gun for fun shooting session?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:12 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Lately it's been my hand ejector 1903 in 32 long. I always take my 1851 repro I converted to 38 spl, too. For Rifles, I like my Kropatschek or Nepali Snider. Way fun to shoot!

So is my RPD, but it's a trifle expensive to take very often. SW

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:13 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Lately I have been taking my TC Encores. Moetly just the 357 barrels.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:47 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

For rifle it seems to be the Fal stg58, or the MAS 49/56, for pistol it's the Ruger P89 or Redhawk .44 mag.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:05 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Steyr E3 or one of the 1911's. All depends on what feels right at the time. Sometimes I'll take one of the M1's and the mausers and do a day at the range.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:42 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

currently in my range gear is a sig 1911 in 45acp [thanks rebel40] , a 1930 colt police positive in 38s&w , and my FN FAL fitted with 22cal conversion , yes - it changes regularly , but its been cold here so not much change in the last two months ,

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:14 am 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

All of them.
But lately its my Enfield's and krags. That go to the range once or twice a week.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:29 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Steyr AUG and Steyr M9A1 9mm, and of course my always favorite Colt Commander .45.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:08 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Whichever gun is clean :bigrin:
The UZI and the AKM are always on call, as they don't rerquire much cleaning :jmp:
Brgds, A

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:48 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Rifle- M1 Garand. Pistol- fn 1910 is usually my favorite, and my rg .22revolver fanning the hammer from the hip, shooting old shotgun shells. Great thread!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:40 am 
The Knife
The Knife

So far this is my best group with my 444 Marlin. This was final group during the break in of the barrel.

Just might get a deer if I see one. But I will work some more with load.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:19 am 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Nice group. Enjoy your new lever.
I picked up a 450m last yr.can't wait for
Deer season.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:36 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

I'll see if I can get a couple more pic. Posted , of a couple 8mm.'s I like to take hunting now an then.
The first is my yugo m 24/47 that I got still packed in cosmoline
The other is my Fabricadearmas Lacoruna. 1956 .that I got with a scout.
Mounted scope. That I didn't like so
I put this red dot on it.

IMG_20151011_120501_279 (1).jpg
IMG_20151011_120501_279 (1).jpg [ 339.49 KiB | Viewed 11319 times ]

IMG_20151011_120501_279.jpg
IMG_20151011_120501_279.jpg [ 339.49 KiB | Viewed 11319 times ]

IMG_20151011_120553_398.jpg
IMG_20151011_120553_398.jpg [ 310.49 KiB | Viewed 11319 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:06 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:44 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Very cool
I got a CVA scout SS 243 / 45/70
Bought single shots.bought get the job
Done.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:30 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

.....if the deer dont go down from the bullet from that Encore it'll die of a heart attack...having had the honor and pleasure of goin' shootin' with Rad when he's fired it on a couple of occasions,I must add that if you are nearby and not looking at him and not have your 'ears' on when he fires it,it could scare the **** outa ya,and being only bench or 2 away from him,you can 'feel' it too... hee heee..

:Dbounce: ;)

05.jpg
05.jpg [ 414.98 KiB | Viewed 11321 times ]