[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Mitchell, Nebr gun show report

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mitchell, Nebr gun show report
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:18 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

You missed a good one, Ellie! :bigrin: For once, prices were decent. The same guy with $40 primers who was at Cheyenne was here, too but other vendors had them from $28 to $36. Much better!

Not much for milsurps. One buckaroo had humped Mosin Nagants converted to be tacti-cool. Cut down stocks - camo paint jobs - reblued - bipods and big scopes. From $500 to almost 1000 depending on the scope. :-?

Found M1 carbine mags, but when I pulled the rubber covers off, they were all messed up. $30? Nah. Plenty of Ruger SA revolvers new & used for under $500.

Plenty of cast bullets at decent prices... but no 44 Cal. Plenty of 223 ammo - no panic pricing.

I was about ready to leave when I spotted the 36 cal BP revolver. Marked 175. I looked at it for quite a while & the vendor said he'd take 150. Nice shiny bore - great cylinder - good lock up. I grabbed it! Shown with my Pietta 1851 for size perspective. :bigrin:

It's stamped Navy Arms, but they just imported it. I need to discover who actually made it. The mark shown has what appears to be a 'U' in a stylized muzzle. Uberti? Also need to learn which model this replicates. I'd like to convert it to centerfire.

BP 002 (1024x675).jpg
BP 002 (1024x675).jpg [ 399.81 KiB | Viewed 7746 times ]

Saw people I knew & had a great time! SW

Attachments:
BP 013 (1024x801).jpg
BP 013 (1024x801).jpg [ 373.52 KiB | Viewed 7746 times ]

Post subject: Re: Mitchell, Nebr gun show report
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:18 pm 

After research, I've discovered it's a Uberti 1861 Navy. Buffalo Bros have 38 conversion cylinders in stock!! :bigrin: SW

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:10 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice , looks like you scored

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:25 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

With two pistols....we're gonna start calling you "doc" holiday.... :bigrin:

Marc n tomtom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:22 am 

Well, that's better than "Tuco"! ;) :crzy: :rotflma: :rotflma: SW

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:27 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

nice find! I haven't been to a gun show for about a year and half.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:31 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

You cheated on me !
you went to a gunshow without asking me along ?
Just to punish you I will go to Ciney end of this month !
And I will buy what I want !
NAH !

A
Yes I'm jealous of your Navy Colt :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:27 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice grab , the more you show and tell of these the more interested i am getting , how complicated is the fitup of the conversion cylinders ?

so the 36cal handles the 38 bullet ? which one ? 38 colt , 38 S&W , can i use any 357-358 cast lead with these ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:42 pm 

Most of the time, the centerfire cylinders are a drop in fit. For Colt copies, adjusting trigger/bolt spring tension will help a lot.

Otherwise, you stone a few thousandths from the top of the bolt.

Most of the cylinders say "for 38 short Colt" but 38 special will drop in just fine. As for boolets, the bore is too large for commercial 38 & 357. I use dedicated .375" diameter round balls with a very light charge of powder in 38 special brass.

In theory, hollow base wadcutters should expand to hold the rifling, but I don't care for a bullet that heavy. Open top revolvers lack strength. SW

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:19 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

I don't think I want to go there.
Kinda attached to all my digits ;)

A

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:00 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i got ya - im very in tune with the cowboy action rounds and that is the direction i would go to be certain , it means setting up another loader but that isnt the end of the world these days - i actually have the space in my existing turret so im only looking to set up the dies - may even have them in my stash as i once thought to load down for my victory to plink with , i have a couple extra turrets too so maybe ill set up a dedicated 38 for this and a dedicated 38s&w for the enfields which was also on my "to do" list ,

im way more into these plinking guns these days and yet ...ive got so many 45colt to load right now that im overwhelmed ive shot but not reloaded , ive only got about six stages of amo at this point - maybe one local shoot left , i need to schedule one i guess , then i can go to the press for a weekends work or a bit more ,

i dont see loading the 9mm and 45 ACP but ive got all the parts - dies and such and a turret for that as well , i would rather do the above right now - too many things in the plan and way too little time - if i live long enough tho .......