Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mitchell, Nebr gun show report
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:01 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Actually not a bad show price-wise. Saw a few Marlins at real world pricing... but I'm out of that game now. Plenty of powder & primers - even Alliant powder. Scored # of Bullseye @ $25. Small rifle primers were same price as wally world = $42/1000. Small pistol were 32/36 busks/1000 depending on maker.

I looked for an SKS but there was only one - a Yugo @ 450. It was in good shape but pass. Old fart offered me a 43 Spanish roller with dies & brass for 600... not a bad deal but I passed on that one, too.

Found a 1931 hex receiver Mosin-nagant that looked like it came from Albania... not sure if Albania used them. It was kinda rough so I offered $100 - seller passed which suited me just fine. I looked it up & they're fairly common. Found a reblued M1 carbine for 450... thought about it but didn't have that much on me. Which was good - I would have serious buyer's remorse now if I had.

A lot more junk this year. Too many tables of junk knives - fantasy swords - quilt supplies - cheep jewelry... the jerky/sausage guy wasn't there - he usually gets a pan of sausage frying & sells pretty well.

I didn't see much $ changing hands but some trading here & there... "I'll give you two $500 cats for your $1000 dog" sort of thing. I looked for the cast bullet guy but he was a no show, too.

So I just grabbed powder & primers & called it a day. When I took little mutt out earlier this morning, I thought about going back to see what the guy felt his 1931 Izhevsk M-N was worth, but that has bad idea written all over it. He also had a Sako (S in a gear wheel) M-N with side sling bars... I don't know a lot about M-Ns, but he had 450 on it...

Nah. I better slap myself & stay home. Save my gas for turkey hunting this week.

But I saw some guys I know & had a good time - well worth going. SW

Post subject: Re: Mitchell, Nebr gun show report
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:48 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

wish it was not so far away , would love to go one day , we are hoping to make one more this year or perhaps the first part of next year , this time of year schedules get complicated by all those folks in your life that dont get the attraction , but we shall persevere .......

Post subject: Re: Mitchell, Nebr gun show report
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:28 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

Sounds like the last shows I went to....more Chinese fantasy knives and MREs than used guns. I still want to go to a show close here sometime, as I have a 40mm can FULL of wheel weight ingots....about 500lbs worth to sell.
Turn a dollar into flintgrinder parts or cat food :kap:

Marc n tomtom