Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mitchell, Nebr gun show report
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:09 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Best show there in years! More tables and way crowded. Also more Evil Black Rifles than ever. Tables of rifles, uppers and parts. Around $750 seemed to be the average price. Saw a couple w/o sights for $550. Not much interest in any of them which I take to mean the market is pretty well saturated. A seller had Bushmaster stripped lowers for $150, but with Cabelas selling Anderson lowers @ $50, I didn't see anybody even glance at them.

Among the interesting stuff I saw was a Sav 99 in 243 that had been painted pea green. No, not military "tactical" green... pea green. Seller lady was catching a lot of grief about how ugly it was so somebody might grab it for 300.

Saw a Sav bolt action 30-30... always wanted one of those, but realistically, I doubt I'd shoot it that much. Pass.

Looked for a Russky SKS but only saw one ugly Yugo @ $500. Pass. No Ruger SA 41 mags, either.

Overall, 22s seemed to be selling... possibly because prairie dog season will soon be upon us.

I did grab a better AR scope for my main AR and some 30-30 brass to make 30 Herret cases. Saw a Lyman 55 powder measure for $30 & am kicking myself for not grabbing it. Might go back out there tomorrow - it's a lot better than the one I have on my loading bench.

As always, I saw people I know & had a good time yukking it up.

Overall, I'm calling it a good show for a change! :bigrin: SW

Post subject: Re: Mitchell, Nebr gun show report
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:20 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

got two weeks till the colosseum show on the fair grounds in st paul , looking forward to it

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:25 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

It was good to see yo guys again. Wish I would of had more time to give Aaron grief.
Petey and I went back on Sunday, I still didn't buy anything.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:48 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

yes , but i did -

petes buckmark , a sig 226 stainless , found a nice holster for it on the way out too and that little bitty S&W Mod1 second gen 5 shot ,22 shorts , pocket pistol , im gonna try it with CB caps since its a black powder revolver from two centuries back , i love that little thing , big time style points at my next cowboy match if i was interested in those ,

oh and that box of 500 - 200 grain cast bullets i had to buy first thing in the door - sure glad gimp had his backpack on his chair , i dont think my shoulders would have lasted the rest of the day ,

all in all it was fun , no protests and lots of people , if the libs had seen that crowd they would understand why their measly protest this weekend really doesn't represent the country , lots of hard working folks enjoying our second amendment , i would ventue to say we outnumbered the protesters without and signs , chanting , or anger , lots of smiles and good fun exchanges , i met a real nice guy waiting in line two blocks around the building - had a great chat getting around to where i left gimp in that snowbank ,