Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mitchell, Nebr gun show
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:13 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Feds were trying to set somebody up today. I took one my Nambus and a Mauser HSc for my friend with an FFL to sell at his tables. He called me a few hours later saying somebody wanted to haggle the price. "No dice," sez I. "Price is firm."

I called my friend later & he said the guy trying to buy it was a HS student from NY who had a story about visiting his grandmother here. He said if the guy took it for the full price, he'd call me to come over & do the deal. I said it was an obvious set up & no way would I sell to an out of state kid. He wouldn't, either!

The bad part was that if they both sold, I really didn't see anything I wanted to buy with the $. Saw a Russky SKS for 500 that didn't look too bad... but I already have one.

Lots of people there but fewer vendors. Primers & powder lady wasn't there - scope guy wasn't, either. Saw a 38-40 Uberti Bisley clone I liked last show, but - nope. He was also a no show.

So we'll see what happens. I did see a Marlin pump 25-20 I'd consider if the seller would haggle. Gots plenty of ammo for that caliber.

Otherwise I saw friends & had a good time swapping lies. SW

Post subject: Re: Mitchell, Nebr gun show
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:37 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

ive not encountered a sting at a gun show yet - dont sell much at them and would go through ffl if i did - always have when i bought , the only stings ive had directed at me were on these sites - one at another and one here years ago but both dealt with in short order - i dont buy illegal full auto firearms on a site - i dont buy full auto at all or any illegal gun period ,

we have a show coming up this month here that is generally a good one at the fair grounds coliseum building in st paul , always make the show - even if only to hang out with friends and my son looking forward to it ,