Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Local gun show report
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:03 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

It was essentially a waste of time. I'm calling it gun control by pricing. "Buy my gun, sir? Got ammo for it? Sure - $2.50 per round! Ahhh… no thanks."

$50/pound for any kind of powder - $100 per brick of primers - $1 per round of 9mm... it was disgusting.

Hit the book vendor who had a book on American swords... for $145. Pass. The x39 I had my friend set out on his table seemed to be selling. No bites on the RPD which didn't surprise me even though nearly any old Winchester was a lot more. No worries - I didn't need​ to sell it.

Saw a rough American sword - loose wire wrapping - ray skin falling off - $750. Get serious! 1941 Gnutti Carcano bajonet with no scabbard @ $80. Woof.

I'll go back tomorrow & collect my ammo money to grab an EER scope. That guy still had decent prices.

Best news of the day? Won $50 on a scratch card when I stopped for a few gro! SW

Post subject: Re: Local gun show report
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:38 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't even mess with gun shows anymore. Everyone there seems to thing their stuff is made of pure gold and no one is willing to deal like in the old days.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:56 pm 

Had a few things on a friend's table so I stopped by to see how it was going. Easily over 1000 ARs in various shapes and sizes priced from 750 to over $1000. And it's a small show.

Looks like people a) bought at the top of the market and b) don't realize the market is approaching saturation.

Also looks like collecting lever actions has become and old fart's game. Left mine home and am glad I did.

I was after an EER scope for my Contender 30Herrett barrel but no dice. Seller said they're unobtainium right now. No worries - I'll find one in due time.

My friend had sold my Astra 400 & 600 so that $ will go right into the trip fund. Hopefully other stuff sold after I left.

No primers at the show, but they're available locally now. Murdochs, Bomgaars and Dunhams have had them recently @ 60/brick so I scored a brick of LPP. Now to grab some LRP.

Saw guys I know and caught up on RR gossip. Overall, I had fun. SW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:35 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

It's been almost 3 years since I hit a show.

Hopefully there will be a spring show at Dugald this year.
I should do some digging on shows and see what I can find out...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:57 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

there was one here a week ago , lots of knives and such , lots of ARs and AR bits , some high priced ammo and a few small caches of reloading components - did not look at prices cause they were nothing i wanted , lot of beat up and butchered older guns and a bunch of overpriced new ones ,

fun to get out and about midst things we enjoy looking at tho with the friends we enjoy doing it with ,