[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Ammunition Stockpile.

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ammunition Stockpile.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:46 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Now, I'm not crazy, well totally crazy at least for now. But I do believe that a person should have a stockpile of ammo for the gun thats gonna carry them through when "times get tough" should that ever happen. At minimum 1,000 rounds for that firearm. Yesterday, while on my way up to Minneapolis I stopped by the Owatonna Cabela's to find some .223 at a good price. So I snagged a few 500 round tins. Won't open them till the time comes. But for now it feels good to have them ready and waiting just in case. In the meantime need to pick up more. Always need more, more more more. Squirrel'n it away. Either for higher ammo prices, or for when our so called government decides to take a vacation of indeterminate length.

:tinhat:

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:51 am 
Major
Major

Not a bad idea, but you should have several thousand for each of your main defense guns, and several hundred for your other guns. I have stockpiled for years and have ammo in sealed tins that I bought in the middle 70's.

Post subject: :0)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:40 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

i have a box of 22's :-o

that's all i need........... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:22 am 
Captain
Captain

Yep.
Gotta have enough to feed me,the family and them dogs will eat those who I choose to plunder when the stash gets low :flame:

Having ammo enough to get me there,and back is , well, never enough.
The best defence is a good offence.

Hostile resupply is an option, though laying away a stash so I can lay low is what I'm up to today ;)

Do you know the range to your neighbors door?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:15 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Definatly agree with you there... The more ammo the merrier! 'Sbout 200-250 yards to the neighbors door :twisted: And he's gettin on the old side, won't run around too much if the time ever comes. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:42 am 
I would never stockpile ammo, food or any other survival necessity. Guns are bad and our government will always protect us. After all, they say they only want what's best for us. :bull:

While I'm here, I've also got this bridge I need to sell cheap...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:09 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:35 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:44 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:38 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

you cant have too much ammo , you just have to balance it with your purchase of new rifles / handguns ,
i keep enough for the ones id use in case SHTF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:39 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

- Ronald Reagan[/quote]

.....how about...." Hillary Clinton, President of the United States of America"................... :-o :Ahhh: :thud: :str: :-? :( :-( :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:02 pm 
Major
Major

In all truthfulness, I am attempting to curtail new gun purchases, until I stock up on sufficient components for the guns I have now and shoot. I do shoot alot, and my current reloading supplies would carry me just about a year, maybe two reloading what I shoot off. I just received 1000 various bullets and 8 lbs of assorted powder, but want to get maybe 5 times that amount. I do still have alot of stored ammo in tins and ammo boxes. New calibers down the line will have limitations. I won't be able to stockpile some new cartridge in the thosands like I do the present ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:13 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Balance... Tell me about it! I ALMOST bought another Mauser this weekend! Now I just need to buy about 15,000 more rounds before I should get any more guns! :mchngn: :Ola: :bmg: :boozer: :boozer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:00 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Mausermeister, you are absolutely right. I'm going to call Hillary and Sarah right now to see if they will come and get all these nasty weapons.
Maybe they can give me some pointers on how to vote in the next election while they are here.
I have seen the light!(or was that a muzzle flash?)

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:57 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

I just keep one bullet in my shirt pocket as my hero Deputy Fife would do!

Bulk I need 9mm, 40mm, and 7.62x39 oh and maybe 308 and 7.62x54r and!! I could go on but thats the problem, with so many different calibers.

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:03 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:23 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:58 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

2000+ rounds aint bad IG. Now you just need that shotgun we saw at Gander! Yeah, and I need that CX4... :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:48 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I have an unopened 1200 round case of Norinco 7.62x39 sitting in the basement and no gun to shoot it in. Maybe I should see if it'd worth anything. All it's doing now is keeping the 7.62x54R company.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:14 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin