[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Removing marks...

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Removing marks...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:06 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

There are some marks on the slide of my Roumanian Tokarev I'd like gone... is the slide too hard for draw filing? I'd probably use a new, chalked up 12" mill bastage. SW

Post subject: Re: Removing marks...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:09 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Marks?

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:08 am 

The "dot matrix" importer stuff. I figured since there's no new & improved serial number, those could be removed. It looks like it's been buffed during refurb so no collectible would be ruined.

Shot it & it's flawless that way. SW

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:54 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Not sure if that would be legal in this day and age. Better research it good first.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:34 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Well my opinion is TAKE THEM OFF!

All they are is importer markings and thank goodness the markings are on the slide and not the frame (legal serialed receiver)!

I see it as no different then changing a barrel on an RC K98 to build a sporter rifle off of the action (again serialed receiver).

I know guys who are buying the import marked M1 carbines just for the receiver and rebuilding them with correct or unmarked (no import marked) barrels.

I could go on but If I bought one I would "clean it up"! Or if possible find a slide from the early imported ones without the markings.

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:22 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

If I were you I would check with the ATF. I was at a gunshow and mentioned having a pistol reparked to cover up the matrix and the seller said it was against the law to deface it or cover it. The matrix was on the receive so I don't know if it makes a difference, but I would check.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:46 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:50 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I have to say that is a good looking pistol.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:15 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Thanks

Now all I have to do is devise a better and smaller looking safety! This one works well but the lever is rather odd looking and just looks like it was crudely made, which it is and also it's an after thought.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:45 pm 

The slides on the Roumanian Tokarevs are numbered and removing the billboard does not deface the number. So a slide is enroute for some 'cosmetic adjustment'! :P SW