Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sidney, Nebr Cabelas report
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:26 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Not much to see. A nice K-11 Schmidt Rubin for 300. The same 2 Czech 7.62x45 rifles as were there last year. Both marked down to $250 apiece. Good bores. A Dutch Beaumont-Vitali for $300 - it would be a good shooter. A Finn M91/30 = 1942 Izhevsk and what a mutt! Arf! Priced @ $179 which was about $100 too much.

Saw a couple plastic Rem 22s. Both 10-C one for 280 & the other over 400! :-o I'm sure I'm not the only guy here who has turned them down @ 50 busks. Dutch flint grinder - not sure if it's military - over 800.

There was ONE really nice military rifle & I'm going back over in the AM to get it. More on that one later.

As usual, everything was way too high. Got an ambi holster for my CCW gat @ 14. Same model sells on gunbroker for 22. Scored a 500 box o' 95 grain 380 boolets. Time to get bored loading 380s on a single stage press. :?

Looked briefly at Remchesters - very briefly. Nuttin that caught my eye. Looked @ used pistolas - saw a P-38 for 450. A couple used 500 S&Ws - no doubt traded in after whoever bought them discovered the meaning of recoil - and ammo cost! Close to a grand apiece. Lots o' stuff on sale - just nuttin I was interested in. SW

Post subject: Re: Sidney, Nebr Cabelas report
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:27 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

When I stopped in to the Rapid Cabela's they had more military than I had ever seen at a Cabela's but I thought they were over priced. The one in Dundee has very few milsurp.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

Post subject: Re: Sidney, Nebr Cabelas report
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:30 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

the one in this neck of the woods has some , few are very nice , all are overpriced and they think there are people out there fighting over the oprtunity to grab them up if i dont want to pay the price ,

most of the sales staff just call them 'old military' with no clue what they are or they have some fantastic SPRINGFIELD masterpiece that is factory fresh except for a few days shooting on iwa jima ,

it turns me off but i keep hoping to find that hidden diamond ;)