Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cheyenne, Wyo gun show report
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:56 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I am sad to say drug use is now legal in Cheyenne. I base that rash statement on the INSANE prices I saw! :-o

Saginaw Steering & Gear M1 carbine w/ Inland barrel - $875. The seller was quick to point out he was including TWO 15 round mags... one of which still had the spring.

Saw a Dutch Beaumont that had been soaked in varnish many years ago to preserve the metal finish. Didn't work. Stock was shattered in 2 places. Bore was a sewer pipe, and those are the strong points. $275.

A Rem model 14 carbine in 32 rem. Nice bore. Buffed & blued. "Custom stock work" by an Apache from the xyz Apache rez. $500. I would have paid 250 just because I have some 32 Rem ammo on hand.

Many Garands - many AR-15s - many AKs - many M1As - many dollars for all. I'd say 90% were over a grand. An S&W 2" model 15 - very rough exterior - seller assured me it was "tight". He must have meant 'drunk'. $525 and I gave 375 for my virtually NEW nickel of the same model.

AR-15 mags for $25 each. Saw a Type 99 with AA sights and dust cover - no pod or 'mum for 300. I have no idea what series but it wasn't a last ditch. Saw a fairly decent Gew 88/05 with bolt head and rod for 150 - I was half tempted on that one - nice bore. Several Turk 8mms - all around 150. Didn't see any Mosin Nagants.

Saw an M.95 Steyr stutzen with bogus razi stock marks for 325. Ha! Same seller had a common-as-dirt Russky WW2 Nagant revolver for 225. No accessories. Saw A Czech Vz-52 rifle for 350... They are down to 250 at Cabelas now. One seller had 7.62x45 ammo 3.50 for original 10 packs. 7.62x39 Wolf ammo 6.50 for 25. I have no idea if that's a deal.

One seller had CCI small pistola mag primers for $34/M. Not that bad. IMR powder for 18/pound. I stocked up last year at Alliance.

I did see one VERY intriguing youth rifle... and grabbed it. See Jan purchases for that one.

Overall, prices were worse than at the auctions. SW

Post subject: Re: Cheyenne, Wyo gun show report
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:19 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

The big show around here is coming up in March. It will be interesting to see what the prices are.

Post subject: Re: Cheyenne, Wyo gun show report
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:23 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

AHHH - steve , we gotta go , im on a jones here , and aaron hasnt spoken to me since i stood him up on the last one ,

just tell me WHEN < > WHERE < > WHAT TIME ill be there [with or without money ] ill try to conn aaron into joining me ,

to topic- i think the gunshows have become the dumping ground , but may always have been , perhaps the "sellers" are less motivated to deal and the real surpluss traders have found another venue ?