[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Package deal

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Package deal
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:01 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Hi guys !
Here's some more info on that package deal I was talking about in that Luger thread.
I had a look at the guns on friday and asked the shop owner to inquire with the seller about a discount. By sunday he already had some news ! These guns have been there for a while, so it seems he's anxious to sell.
here the rundown:
1) Colt 1903 .32acp: Asking price was 300, can get it for 250.
Comes with one mag. Hard rubber grips with stallion logo. Slight holster wear near the muzzle, looks good for the rest, EXCEPT: Blueing is gone on the right side of the slide under the ejection port, markings are intact, looks like some slight surface rust was removed. Could maybe be fixed with some cold blue but it will always show.
2) Walther model 9 .25acp: Asking price 150, can have it for 125. In nice solid condition, though most of the bluing is gone. Nice crisp markings. Grips are undamaged. One mag which looks like it was chromed.
3) Russian Makarov in 9mm Mak: Asking price 300, can have it for 270. Marked "Made in Russia" on the slide. Absolutely new condition, has never been fired. Solid all steel pistol with reddish plastic grips. Comes with 2 mags and a new brown military holster with cleaning rod and lanyard. A real gem this gun. I can flog the holster on internet or at a fleamarket as I have my father in law's own original military service holster. Just need a mak to put into it ;-)
So, whaddaya think? I figured he'd ask 650 for all 3 (wasn't far of was I?) and was prepared to offer 600. Liscences will cost me another 100 (for all 3 together). I already printed out the necessary forms for the request ... Should I insist for a further discount or just bite the bullet? I don't want to upset the guy.
Best regards, A

Post subject: Re: Package deal
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:33 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

It never hurts to say something like, "I've had something unexpected come up at home ( plumbing trouble - cat needs neutered... some dilemma like that) - any chance you could help me out and discount the deal another 100?"

Tactfully phrased, you might be able to save another 50. The prices look good to me. 250 USD is about what the Colt would go for here. The Walther isn't bad, either. I've never actually seen one of that model.

I'm not up on Makarovs - never had one.

Bottom line: if you ask for another discount, you might not get it; if you don't ask, you certainly won't get one. :wink: SW

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:58 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Makarov's are great little pistols. A lot of punch in a blowback action. Pinned barrels make them accurate

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:30 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i have to agree with ET on the accuracy of the 9mmMAK , i have never been disappointed in mine , as to the overall prices you are quoting , i am at a loss with no experience but id sure appreciate those handguns ,

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:00 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

A relative had one of the Colt .32 autos, very well made and a accurate reliable handgun.
He traded it in on a more expensive pistol. I was a bit PO'd because he'd said he would offer it to me first if he ever wanted to get rid of it. But he did get a great deal, with the Colt bringing down the price of the guns he really wanted by more than it was probably worth at the time. He had 300 USD in the Colt and got at least four hundred bucks credit in the trade.

My older brother has a 1910 Mauser .25 auto. Its a suprisingly accurate little pistol, as accurate as most long barreled .22 autos.
He got it dirt cheap (40 USD)because the seller thought the firing pin was broken. Technically it was broken, but only the cocking indicator pin was broken off the rear, the firing pin still worked fine.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:45 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Good afternoon.
Guess what? They're mine :)
The guy was not really in the mood for talking on friday, but we made the deal on saturday. I told him my innitial budget was 600 and that I could raise that a little if really really necessary but not by 45 euros.
So he said he'd fix it with the owner for 600 !
He gave me a signed paper with the serail numbers and details and with the agreed sale price of 600 euros.
I'm sure you can imagine I'm a happy camper. Now I can start filling out the ppwk for the permits and send it to the governor. And then, wait ....
Best regards, A

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:35 am 
OUTLAW

sure sounds like you got some nice pistols coming your way.
I am a big mak fan.even with the ammo being cheap I handload for mine.
post some pics when you pick them up.
pete

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:57 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

good for you - we do need pics when you get them :-o

Post subject: Package deal
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:22 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

O.K.
U'll get yer pix :-)
But it will take a while. About 2 months for the ppwk to be processed (This is a police state ye know ...).
Best regards, A

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:03 am 
OUTLAW

bulgarian and my east german.
pete

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:14 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

ooooooooooohhhh , those are nice , ;)