[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - G3 clone by Century... hmmmm

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: G3 clone by Century... hmmmm
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:35 pm 
Mushroom Maniac
Mushroom Maniac

So a guy I work with is thinking of selling his G3 clone made by Century. He had to get a new trigger group for it last year,a local gun dealer put a HK trigger group in for him. I like the looks of these but he wants $500 for it and at the moment, I'm broke as a joke..he said he would consider a trade..he may want my Enfield which is in "amazing" condition which I bought a few years ago for $500
Anyone know if these are junk or a ok rifle or if this may be a bad trade on my part..

Post subject: Re: G3 clone by Century... hmmmm
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:22 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

im partial to the enfields so my opinion is tainted to start , but id like to know specifics of this one ,

im also totally unfamiliar with the G3 so that makes it worth even less ,

i think you are about to get some good intel so ,

as to trades like this it has everything to do with what you want/like/covet , and i trust after careful thought you will arrive at a good decision for you

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:01 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Give it your "back porch" test. See if it functions & is accurate. If it passes & floats your boat, go for it. Just remember 7.62 ammo ain't cheap & with it being a semi will go through it much faster than a bolt gun :lol

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:08 pm 
Mushroom Maniac
Mushroom Maniac

I'm just afraid that it may have more problems down the road, like the trigger may go bad again or possibly something else.. I done some reading that these guns can go 50/50 on the quality and durability..I like it alot but just a little worried I may get a lemon..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:12 pm 
Mushroom Maniac
Mushroom Maniac

I guess anything can be fixed though..right Bruce :-)
It's from the same guy that I bought the Ak from that we fixed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:50 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Be sure and check the bolt gap. With a clean bolt and barrel/trunnion assemble and cock. Slap the cocking handle down and let it fly forward. Dry fire the rifle, then check the gap between the bolt head and bolt carrier (you look through the mag well to see this ). You should have a gap of .010" to .020", if it is less than .005" shine the rifle on. It is a lot of work to headspace the barrel, A LOT OF WORK. Also check the cocking handle free play, it should have .015 to .025 movement before it contacts the bolt carrier nose. If you can lift the cocking handle more than 3/8" from the rest position, or the gun cocks real hard, then that is messed up also.
When you disassemble the bolt and carrier for cleaning look at the rear of the bolt closely. If it appears to be ground don't buy the rifle. Century put some bad guns together and did some real wierd things to get them to headspace.
Good Luck, I hope it is a good rifle and has none of these problems.
Rebel49

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:41 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Century is real hit or miss. Is it a cetme, or an actual G3 clone?

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:09 pm 
Mushroom Maniac
Mushroom Maniac

I decided that it was a bad idea to mess with that clone, so from the same guy he traded me a Kimber 1911 Target II for my Enfield and I'm super happy with the trade!
I posted pics in the Dec. gun purchases along with some other great trades I made :-)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:32 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i do know the kimber 1911 - i love mine , i think you did well

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:31 pm 
Mushroom Maniac
Mushroom Maniac

I'm loving mine!!
I went out to shoot it the other day and I have to say it's the most accurate pistol I've ever shot, well besides the Ruger Mark I.
I just have to get a set of Crimson Laser grips for it now :-)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:10 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

or a Lasermax Guide Rod Laser

http://www.lasermax.com/category.php?id=5

And I can save you about 30% ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:03 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

crimson trace - they are great , i wish i had them on all of my handguns , but alas only the kimber is so endowed thus far ......

oh and i forgot the forward grip of my A4 is a crimson trace as well -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:51 pm 
Mushroom Maniac
Mushroom Maniac

Would you say they stay zeroed better than the grips? Like maybe the rod may have some wobble or play to them?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:47 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

my grips , my forearm grip , my daughter-in-laws grips all three stay dead on , no variation what-so-ever , i highly recommend them , as to the others i have no experience with them at all ,

in my mind i cant see em being all that much less accurate but i have heard that the unit that is attached to the backsight [although very compact and looking great] has presented accuracy problems to others

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:51 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:49 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

ooooops - sorry i missed that , as gilda would say - never mind :lol