Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: M1903 springfield information need help!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:37 pm 
PFC
PFC

pic section 8

Attachments:
P1010015.JPG
P1010015.JPG [ 444.16 KiB | Viewed 1875 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:54 pm 
PFC
PFC

Hey. Been awhile but I wanted to let you guys know how the rifle is coming along. Alright so my mentor has taken the receiver and the barrel so they can be welded together (the threads are horribly busted). I have begun the process of applying several coats of linseed oil onto the rifle stock and will soon begin on the new upper handguard my father has bought me (it is from the time period and not just a reproduction) Unfortunately we do not have the money or the access to actually reblue the metal pieces so if we find out if the metal was blued (does anyone know or not off the tops of their heads?) it will be one of those artificial blueings that look like it and function a little like it but are more akin to a paintjob. And if its parkerised (i think thats what he called it) then we might be able to do that. The firing pin will be ground down and my mentor even has a spar sling around that he is going to give to me.

Thanks guys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:57 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

good luck with your project and do keep us up to date - pictures always welcomed , and any info appreciated

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:45 pm 
PFC
PFC

wanted to let you guys know the rifle is complete. Pictures will be up soon. My senior project expo is next week and I will let you guys know how it goes. Thank you again for all the help. She has had her barrel plugged and her breech has had some welding done to it so a cartridge can never fit in again. Thanks again :grin:

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:16 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

sounds like you will have a fine wall hanger , im pleased to know such a project could be done in this day and age of PC crap , congrats