[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Hi guys

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hi guys
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

we all already knew you to 'be the man' , now the family knows it too - print this thread off and give it to the kid when the age of 25 is reached - i think it might be enlightening to you .....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:31 am 
Sky Walker
Sky Walker

I just might do that. Did I tell you guys about my firearm acquisitions over the last year or two?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:51 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

no- and we need to know -its a priority here you know , with photos of coarse .............. :-o

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:10 am 
Sky Walker
Sky Walker

Ok:

My carry pistol, Taurus PT111 Mil Pro in 9mm

16 gauge coach gun (I got as partial payment on a job)

My Remmy 870

The pre 1964 Winchester 94 Mary got me last Christmas

My AR (the scope has since been replaced with a holo site)

and my H&K USP 40 compact

I am buying a Saiga 12 in the next week or so.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:51 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

very nice , you do well with the photos too

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:51 am 
Sky Walker
Sky Walker

I have many skills (hence the 6 kids lol)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:01 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

now , thats not something i can comment on , nor will i make any editorial remarks on it either , you and yours can be the judge of that ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:34 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

Nice pics and some good looking guns.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:08 pm 
Sky Walker
Sky Walker

Danke sir knife! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:18 pm 
Sky Walker
Sky Walker

Ill be in and out. Life keeps me really busy these days.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:19 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:22 pm 
Sky Walker
Sky Walker

I just wish it could slow down just once in a while.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:26 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

theres plenty of time for that in the afterlife - put the pedal to the metal and get her done

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:30 pm 
Sky Walker
Sky Walker

the only problem is that sometimes I feel like my tires are spinning on ice.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:52 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i know that feelin - been happenin a lot lately , oh , and yes im really tierd a lot these days as well , but i think thats cause i wake up thinking im 20 and go to bed over 60-my mistake :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:34 pm 
Sky Walker
Sky Walker

5.5 years. Fast track! :jmp:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:55 pm 
Sky Walker
Sky Walker

well...I went in with 2 stripes because of college time, made SrA below the zone. Made Sgt. the following spring (which at the time was really just a change of status) Staff 18 months later and TSgt the following year.

Combat Controllers tend to make rank faster than the average wingnut due to less competition, higher attrition rates etc.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:32 pm 
Sky Walker
Sky Walker

At the time the USAF gave enlisted rank based on credit hours. I had 18 Credit hours which made me an A1C immediately after basic. I think the rules have changed since I got out (in early '96)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:09 pm 
OUTLAW

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:37 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....well,when I was in,I made E4 in 1 1/2 yrs I think and E5 by 3....I was up for E6 at 4 yrs as I was gettin out after losin' my hair and hearing... :rotflma: