[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Gun Insurance

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gun Insurance
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:06 pm 
OUTLAW

we thinking about switching house insurance.allstate has $3,000.00 with the house policy.
so the question is what insurance do you use for your guns?.
I spent most of today doing SN's and taking pics.

thanks

pete

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

Post subject: Re: Gun Insurance
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:49 pm 
Major
Major

My firearms are actually worth more than my house....really! It would cost me dearly to pay that annual premium. Thus I think it best to get a large safe. If you need two, than get two. It can keep jewelry and important papers safe too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:56 pm 
OUTLAW

right now I have 3 safes and they are only what I would call med quality.2 from the PX and the other from lowes.just my pythons bust the $3,000.00 that allstate gives on the home policy.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:59 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Check with the NRA I would think they have LOTS of affiliates offering 'collector's' insurance

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:46 am 
The Knife
The Knife

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:27 pm 
OUTLAW

I am a USAA member but they are higher than allstate :-o

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:45 pm 
Major
Major

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:43 am 
The Knife
The Knife

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:00 pm 
Major
Major

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:15 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

That would SUCK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:14 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

I have a friend who just hides his guns under his mother-in-laws bed............they are as safe as in Ft.Knox!
:jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:34 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I'm not even going to go there :bigrin:

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:28 am 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

I just have what the NRA covers for now, it does me fine as my collection isn't very valuable. But I use State Farm for my car and it turns out they have a special insurance for this kind of thing. In the next year or so I might go ahead and do it after some more research.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:47 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I have that option on my state farm policy. I think it is limited to somewhere around $5000. My wife and I are both belong to the NRA so we have another $5000 there.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:56 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

5k wont even begin to touch the potential loss of my collection , i think i need to do some research into this real soon ,

5k might cover the replacement of cowboy gear for mine and the grandsons gear , and those are working guns for the most part , a couple collector pieces in there for the grandsons future collection ,

5k will not cover replacement of my three guns and gear ,

5k wont cover the 22s ive collected in recent years

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:12 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

No, the one I got quoted on for State Farm was a lot higher than that. But it would be separate insurance, not a rider. I don't own a home, so the only other insurance I have is car.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:57 am 
The Knife
The Knife

You don't have renters Ins to cover your belongings?

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:31 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

you should have renters insurance its cheap , and then its a rider :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:39 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

I can't get renter's insurance. I don't rent, either. I'm kind of stuck in limbo right now. I moved home a few years ago to care for my parents, and the way my parents listed me was not as a tenant or anything but as a care giver. It's weird and complicated but three different insurance companies tried to explain why I had to go with their home owners insurance. Unfortunately they won't get the rider even if I pay for it. So I've been looking in to separate insurance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:44 am 
The Knife
The Knife

It is good of you to care enough to care for your parents. There are a lot that do not care enough but just put them in a nursing home. The wife took care of her mother until about a year ago when it became a 24 hour job.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member