Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Finn Long Range Hog Gun
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:24 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

So after much deliberation and internal conflict, I decided to go ahead and finish the already Bubba'd Finn M39 that I acquired recently. this was given to me in a deal with a MO 91/30 that I purchased and had virtually no money in it. i was unable to find all the necessary items to even halfway restore it, so i decided to make it my new long range pig gun. the front receiver had already been D&T'd, badly however, so i had that fixed and installed an ATI scope mount. i also had the barrel cut back and recrowned to 26 inches. just for sh** and giggles i had this AK 74 style muzzle brake laying around, so i had that installed as well. i was really amazed how well it worked, as i had fired the Finn prior to the muzzle brake and it has reduced the recoil drastically. the stock has been channeled for the heavy Finn barrel and i went ahead and bedded it with Marine-Tex compound. metal was coated in Krylon Flat black and the stock in OD green with a little Dirt brown. optics for now is my old standby Weaver 6x, but will be getting an upgrade soon. pics are fuzzy due to my camera dying and these came from my phone. will get some better ones and some sight in pics as soon as I get to sight her in.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:39 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...ive never been much into sporterizing cause most of the ones I've seen look like crap with what was done to them....but THIS one I reeeeeealy like :Dbounce: ....you did a beautiful job on it and seein' ikts an M39 I'd guess it'll do really great... :jmp: ...yes...more pics and range report too :grin:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:34 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Now that is bubba, not always a bad thing. If you can't get it back to original might as well make it as useful as you can and that looks like it will do just what you want it to do.
I like it

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:31 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Well done. Now I have seen two rifles that have been bubba'd that could receive compliments. Well, maybe three. I did see a Swede on a Boyd's stock with a scope I liked. The other was an Arisaka in a Fajean stock.

Best Regards,

Mark