[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Cherry stocked flinter......

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:26 pm 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

I have just finished getting the trigger group inletted and the major holes drilled and tapped~ WHEW!!! no mistakes.....
No pictures today folks tho~sorry...I will next weekend~
BUTT>>>>>>>
Gary's rifle's parts just topped $1000 :-o
I did donate the wood for this stock as he drove me to mom's to p/u all the planks I had stored there....then he gave me a check for parts and stuff...I have all the receipts, and this TOW order today, getting the barrel finishing brown agents, wood finish etc, depleted his account :-? :-? :-?
I had no idea stuff was this expensive....I have 7 more stocks walnut and cherry put back....but I will have to win the lottery :kap: to make any rifles!!!!!!!!

My sister's walnut flinter is around $800 in it......*sigh*
This is why people only have ONE of these rifles!!!!!!!!
ANOTHER hobby that I will have to give up!....back to making horns when I am done with making these two flinters''''''' :-(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:05 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Yeah - I hear you. I meant to start on a flint grinder pistola, but another internet pal's son married a non-gun kind of wifey & he is selling his 45 gun collection. I have a chance to grab some stuff for the right $ but don't have enough $ for that and the pistola.

We will see. SW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:59 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Wow....is that what love does??? Makes you sell a collection?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:31 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

That's not "Love" :lol

Hey hogger, forget the other pistols, I've found one for you to convert to a howdah!

http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/pp-cl ... 7561/cat/9

Imagine a 72 calibre double barrel pistol!!!! Just saw off the buttstock & use a hack-saw on the barrels :-o

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:22 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

cost me a bunch of nice pieces in another lifetime to learn that , but , you are correct ET

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:51 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Love? How about whipped?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:56 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

well - maybe ,

back to topic - you are pricing me right out of one of these ,

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:00 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:53 am 

The new wifey thinks they should sell all the guns and sink the $ into "art". :roll: Well, I likes me some art & have original stuff on the walls as I type this. But it's a stand-alone investment.

So they advertised the stuff on craigslist & the Dad happened to see it. I might get some Italian rifles if the deal floats. Like I need more.

If I was going to make a Howdah, I'd go with .577 Snider mostly since I already have dies, brass & a mold. Then I would need a deef elephant to go hunting. Maybe even a deef tiger.

Heck, I'll just stick to lurkeys. A deef tiger wouldn't fit in the crock pot worth a darn. :crzy: :crzy: :crzy: SW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:58 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, tiger stew

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:30 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:12 am 

Oh, my! :bigrin: SW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:03 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

dittos