[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Percussion project

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Percussion project
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:30 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I've been itching to build a flint grinder but was leery of trying one of the $400 + kits for fear I'd monkey it up & be out too much money. Well, never say die!

For a whole entire $62, I just got this percussion kit "missing a few parts". I think the important stuff is all there & the rest will be fairly simple to find at Dixie or Track of the Wolf. Shouldn't cost a lot. Shouldn't be too hard to build.

I'll post pics as I go along.

Dutch Mosin, still want a percussion pistola? I could engrave a date from the 1800s on this & make you a deal when it's finished! ;) :bigrin: SW

zKit1.jpg
zKit1.jpg [ 70.87 KiB | Viewed 5365 times ]

zKit2.jpg
zKit2.jpg [ 95.54 KiB | Viewed 5365 times ]

Post subject: Re: Percussion project
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:29 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

im correct ? thats a cap and ball ? not flint grinder ?

looks fun , do post the photos as you go ,

im just aquiring my first non-cartrige firearm , we shall see how i did when it gets here

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:45 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

:Dbounce:
ANOTHER convert to the dark side!!!!!!!! :kap:

next thing is he will be a lov'in Paris instead of Brit-o-cow..............

*SIGH*

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:09 pm 

[quote="OlTom"]:Dbounce:
ANOTHER convert to the dark side!!!!!!!! :kap:

next thing is he will be a lov'in Paris instead of Brit-o-cow..............

zzBrit.jpg
zzBrit.jpg [ 184.89 KiB | Viewed 5346 times ]

zzParis1.jpg
zzParis1.jpg [ 211.51 KiB | Viewed 5346 times ]

That is a SWEET flintgrinder pistola kit!! SW

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:16 pm 

I just noticed that really cool pistola kit is $635!!! :-o :kap: And they are sold out!! SW

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:05 pm 

"A man's gotta know his limitations." Heard that somewhere & it made sense. The kit laid around for quite a while because I forgot about it. Found it when I was looking for something else & it occurred to me I should have a pro do the deal.

Our pal, Kaintuck ordered the parts & I hit him back for those. He said he'd do the deal & I said take yer time - only work on it when you happen to feel like it.

Got the results in today and to say I'm happy is a considerable understatement!

The maker is unknown, There are NO marks anywhere! Like someone made the kit from scratch. Odd. I've got to shoot it a few times but will only use a small scoop o' powder & boolet with greased patch. Big boolets for this one!

Thank you, Marc!!! You done good!!! :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin: SW

capper 015 (1024x453).jpg
capper 015 (1024x453).jpg [ 257.11 KiB | Viewed 5336 times ]

capper 004 (1024x517).jpg
capper 004 (1024x517).jpg [ 191.07 KiB | Viewed 5336 times ]

capper 005 (1024x660).jpg
capper 005 (1024x660).jpg [ 268.38 KiB | Viewed 5336 times ]

capper 010 (1024x734).jpg
capper 010 (1024x734).jpg [ 292.16 KiB | Viewed 5336 times ]

capper 011 (1024x924).jpg
capper 011 (1024x924).jpg [ 337.46 KiB | Viewed 5336 times ]

capper 006 (1024x683).jpg
capper 006 (1024x683).jpg [ 374.97 KiB | Viewed 5336 times ]

capper 007 (1024x856).jpg
capper 007 (1024x856).jpg [ 369.86 KiB | Viewed 5336 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:17 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Good looking pistol. The indian almost has a cat look to it.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:44 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

:Dbounce:
sure happy that you liked it.....I will have to admit...I am getting slower~and tomtom isn't a big inspiration, all he does is eat sleep and poop....wait a minute, maybe he's a politician!!!!!!!!1
:jmp:

and tells us about the 'fire-n-smoke' when you can!.....glad to have done it for you, you have always treated me better than right with deals.......I'm just waiting for my lifesize Paris doll to arrive.... :grin:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:55 am 

Have no fear! There WILL be a parcel in the near future. :twisted: ;) :-o I told Jill I'd need a bio-hazard sticker from the hosp where she works & she sez she can grab one.

I'll TRY to remember not to address it to your wifey. :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma: I ferget stuff when I'm tard, though. :P :P :P :crzy: :rotflma: :rotflma: SW

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:28 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

.............maybe???Image

or:Image

I don't need:Image

maybe a new lap dog like this one???Image

I wonder whats comming???????????????? :kap:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:19 am 

Just remember what you requested when I asked what I owed you for fixing up the pistola! ;) I do believe I can fill the order... thus the bio hazard sticker. :crzy: :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma: SW

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:40 pm 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

OH NO!!!!!....i remember who works at the nurseing home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :-o :-?

eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww..........................................

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:26 pm 

Got out just now to try for a group. The target is shown. I dropped to 40.0/777. Use a .440" round boolet with .010" greased patch. #11 percussion caps. I set the target at 20 paces which should work out to 50 feet - give or take.

First shot, I aimed at the bottom of the green tape and the shot landed in the rifle group below it. Next 4 shots, I aimed dead center of the green tape which worked out well.

Given that I'm not used to the trigger and really didn't have a rest, I'm very happy with it! Our pal, kaintuck did a great job getting it to shoot to the sights like that!

I'll try again from a bench next time. Life is good!! :jmp: Sunshine and Britney smiles everywhere!! :P :bigrin: :Dbounce: SW

capper 001 (1024x683).jpg
capper 001 (1024x683).jpg [ 270.04 KiB | Viewed 5313 times ]

Brit2.jpg
Brit2.jpg [ 36.92 KiB | Viewed 5313 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:40 am 

Went out shooting again just now with this pistola. Changed the above load to 42.0/777. Target @ 25 yards. Shot from a bench this time and used my shooting bag as a rest.

Shots 1 and 2 are fouling shots and to check point of impact. The holes above are my group. X isn't mine. I was done with the capper when a guy showed up with SKS and plastic 9mm. He wanted to try a shot so I loaded it up for him. Taped it over after that.

Considering a 20# PLUS trigger and trifocals, I am darn happy with it. Heck, I'd take it turkey hunting anytime!

Life is good!! :bigrin: SW

capper 001 (1024x822).jpg
capper 001 (1024x822).jpg [ 375.64 KiB | Viewed 5304 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:09 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice holes - im talking about the target BTW