Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lancaster done~pictures!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:20 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

50cal B weight 44-1/2", maple stock, Brass trim.

I want to thank those involved~ Charles for another great barrel,Tip and Fred for they're sage advice,James for his encouragement,Dunlaps woods...another great pick!, Tim for the engraving, Dave for laying that barrel and RR channel....and the incomparable, beauty, Barbie for the lock and brass hardware ;D

on to the next.........marc n tomtom

Last edited by OlTom on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:23 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Looks great! Now let's see pics of that toad stabber I hear you're working on! ;) SW

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:05 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

Ahhhh......patience, it's needing just a little more......working on the cap~
:jmp:

Marc n tomtom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:59 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

That is awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:53 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Beautiful Job Mark!!!! And tell TomTom well done also for his work in keeping you on track and focused.
I know the new owner will be VERY proud of it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:56 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Very nice! What is the caliber?

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:19 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

im told its a fifty - im lovin her looks , the craftsmanship is extraordinary , couple more weeks ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:08 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

:jmp: she'll have a good home......we will make a Tennessee mountain man outta you yet!!! :Dbounce:

This rifle turned out really nice, I have 3 more I'm working on.....IF I can get the energy up on the weekends, seems after yard work and working on the cars is done....I don't have the time or energy! :kap:
I love working in my shop with tomtom messing around....while it's early in the mornings......I did however, Saturday, get a knife ready for the hogger....he will have to take some pictures......I understand it was a project he started years back, and just never got to finish it......so it's going home.

Hope every one has a good week this week.......it Monday, off to work I go....

Marc n tomtom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:43 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

im thinking friday morning at the super 8 on charollet pike i will wake up early in spite of the long drive to get there , meeting you and holding her , breakfast at the waffle house , it dont get any better than that , i suspect we will be looking to shoot the sporting clays coarse later in the day , you would be most welcome to join us , and i think a nice supper out someplace with cigars after , we kinda sit back and enjoy your weather there - by now its getting cooler here , my leaves have started to turn and fall ,

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:33 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

I see from the map where your gonna be.......I always liked waffle at waffle house........ :bigrin:
i'll be there!...i'll call you when i get there~and i'll be early, breakfast time-ish!

I'll bring some other toys to show n tell.......... :P

marc n tomtom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:41 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

oooooooooo , best be prepared to have aaron wantin to buy somethin , he is drooling on the photos as we speak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:59 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

he posted me some photos of what he has harvested so far - nice trophys , i will try to upload to photobucket and post when i get a minute ,

looking forward to picking this up - here is a link to the shoot http://shootforthefuture.org/ not certain this will work as a link , but if it does - i am the third photo in with the A square 10 hat on , looking forward to the event again this year

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:06 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

well , im not real happy today -

i will fill you in , short story - aaron got sick upon return from africa , his fathers friend died and he is off to that , left me alone to try to figure things out here - end result - trip cancelled , im arranging shipping for my rifle that i had not planned on [i got track of the wolf to ship marc a shipping carton , they are supposed to be the best ] i will have to figure out the lead and bullets separately i fear , but i still want them , i will have to see you another time - i will look at that in the near future , i feel very bad , im really bummed , and i want you to know that aaron feels worse - he has an infection that we wont discuss which he should not have , that is tougher on those with a disability than it might be on an able body person ,
i am so sorry that this has all fallen ap[art , it was the year that i had arraigned things i wanted to add that they would have benefited from and i wish things had been different , my trip is cancelled , i will look into the future to arrange something else ,

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:33 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Hey Mike
That's a real bummer. I hope Aaron gets well soon, I know what a tough fight that is. Tell him best wishes on a speedy recovery.
We'll all get together one of these times, maybe for that thing from the other site down in MS. in the spring. It would be close to Kaintuck and maybe see him. Something to think about anyway.
I know how you feel, been there several times, canceled hunting trips, motorcycle trips, camping vacations. To bad this wasn't 2 weeks ago, I would have had my buddy Jim pick that up from Kaintuck on his way home from Anniston,AL. CMP store. I could have brought it the rest of the was just for the road trip.
Hey Bud it'll all work out. Remember "the best laid plans of mice and men oft times go astray"
Rebel49/Ron
leberrr@indianvalley.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:28 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

thanks - it is most disappointing to miss out on meeting you and marc , but i have made the shipping arrangements with a carton from track of the wolf here in elk river - made a new account and some new friends ill be spending some money with this year , so maybe it was gods plan , i miss not shooting the event but i have missed a couple this year that i regret - next year i will catch up ,

aaron seems to be doing better but fighting bronchitis and an infection has set him back a little , we will plan another trip - yes perhaps that southern one coming up - ive always wanted to do that one , i think he might enjoy that as well , my wife found t convenient that i did not go - she had a list ............

i did have the opportunity to spend time with western friends who came in today that i was going to miss out on , things have a way of working out ,

i may also find a way to get your way this next year anyway , we shall see ,

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:23 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

There's a BIG box in transit as we speak..... :jmp:

I will breath a breath when she gets there and nobody has used a forklift on her.....the box was big enough to fit Paris Hilton in........but to small for Briney O Cow...... :lol

Marc n tomtom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:11 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

cool , im watchin :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:19 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

it arrived , it is as near perfect as i could even have imagined , i have yet to shoot it but suspect it will perform as well as it looks , i could not be more pleased ,

it arrived not only safely but even the box is in excellent condition , easily reusable in original form , no real signs of distress just a little normal handling wear , i will get my moneys worth out of that over the years ,

the packaging was superb , tape held great - even the makeshift packing tape handles , perfectly usable ,

inside the bag and sleeve protected the finish perfectly , i really like that sleeve , it will see use to be sure ,

the end product is everything and more than what it appeared in the photos , did i mention the finish - it is near perfect match to what i envisioned without marc even seeing a photo - i described it . he produced it ,

every inch of this rifle is everything it was presented as , and then some ,

it is surprisingly light for the massive barrel , ive not weighed it but am thinking around 6 lbs , maybe little less or more , not at all what one might expect to look at it , its really long compared to what i am used to but definitely what i expected , i love that feel - so well balanced , so slim and so comfortable as to feel like an extension of your arm , these were a very well designed tool , and this is a work of art in this craft , i could not be more pleased

need to figure out powder , patches/wads , projectiles , and re-installation of the flint , knowing nothing of these is a real deficiency in my upbringing i see , large learning curve to come , but i am determined to learn ............if i live long enough , this provides the incentive .........

gotta go look more , play a little , fondle , i need marc to explain how to open the patch cover before i let anyone else touch her , do not need prying fingers bending my cover ,

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:12 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Congrats A square!
Just don't let Aaron see it or he'll want it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:13 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

Mike, the latch button is the second BP screw at the top...it depresses about 1/16" to release the lid....the cleaning tools are in the PB....

I am very happy you liked her!....I was zonked out by 8:00 last night, so many muscle relaxers....still working to get well......otherwise we could talked.....I hope to reach you today....

My fifty likes around 65gr FFFg......you can prim the pan with the same....or get FFFFg and a brass dispenser from TOTW...

BTW, hope the the wife like her too....I find that the women like these rifle....My wife even wanted me to hang one up in the front room! :-o
Unheard of!

Marc n tomtom