Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:41 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i got it - its a clever latch - i was so concerned about the "prying finger nail" as to be afraid to experiment at all , i love my rifle - she [my wife] will get used to it when she realizes its really here , she just signed for a box - did not open nor even observe the ceremony - she was asleep at the time , ill show her when she asks - kinda like how they act , i have the location picked out im getting brass hangers for her , it is the pride of my collection because i know the man that made this one and am very proud of that fact [just wish we had gotten to shake hands face to face] maybe next year , when we get to come again , we can actually meet , i will start planning for that because it is my wish to be a minnesotan [yes i know im originally an iowan , i can do that too ] to trespass on southern soil with nothing but good intent - and friendship ,

as americans [which is how my grandfather from arkansas raised me ] i learned to respect all of this country , it is after all , all we have when the stuff hits the fan , i am so proud to be friends with all here

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:19 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

:jmp:
You will really like shooting it, it is fast ignition, and lots of smoke and noise..... :P
I think I mentioned in the notes, the additions needed to shoot/clean this type of weapon......a GOOD steel loading rod with bore protector, and a ball puller is needed before you go outside........because we all have had that "moment" when you realizes you just pushed a ball down the bore w/o the powder 1st :kap:

Cleaning pick for the touch hole, ball starter......stuff like that...and a bag for it all.....
I will try to get the box out with the lead and powder horn....it's kinda heavy, and I'm being careful.....I may get my boss to take it in with her little handtruck :roll:
I was told not to lift anything heavier than a dinner plate for 30 days... :ow:

When I can get back into full swing....I will post some pictures of my next rifle workings....a 40cal Burton barreled, cherry stocked "barrens" rifle.....flinter, I love making these things.......

Marc n tomtom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:15 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

thank you im so pleased , and thank you , i will reimburse as required , or send ahead - just say the word , i coulfd not be happier ,

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:47 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

it may be this upcomming weekend........the box is done one the chair....just getting down there...and they are closed tommmorow~

BTW......that gun box might just hold Paris.....it's big enuff, so if you can send her back in it, put in couple of cookies and a bottle of water should hold her in 3 day shipping.....and as much discomfort i have been haveing....the wife will put me outta my misery when she finds out~ but, what a way to go...........

marc n tomtom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:26 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i would be happy to but catchin her to stick her in that box might choose too difficult for my slow moving ways

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:05 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

not to stretch a dead thread , but if you follow the last of this one you will note we are discussing shipping box - if ever any of you need just the right one for just the most important piece , get it from track of the wolf - they provide a really terrific shipping container , ive kept mine for future use , it weathered the trip perfectly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:58 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i had a bit of time on my hands this evening after resetting the clock to daylight savings time [what a crock] ao i was wiping down my rifle , i had to come back and relive this just for a moment , it is one of my most prized possessions , ive got the history channel on -
the episode tonight was the battle for boonsboro in kentucky , what a great series , we were a great country in those early days ,

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:14 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

long as we are resurrecting , ill add that this was one of the saddest events of my life - i had planned to meet both marc and rebel on that trip , i will never regret the purchase and everything worked out fine , aaron had a bad bout and i visited him in the hospital - that was eye opening , its bad enough he has to cath multiple times a day but to be stuck in a foreign country with nothing to use - good thing there was a doctor there that had the wherewithal to work out the needed sterilization , got him home safe and what came after was under good medical attention , he broke up with his girlfriend as well in that time period - whole nuther story ill let him tell ,

enough bad chit , im still loving my rifle and will treasure it for the rest of my life , ive added some bits to the collection - damascus knife , pistol , ball pouches and a ditty that holds my tools , the horn & bone measure came with it - marc is a true craftsman , i have my photos he sent of the process and the canvas sheath it came with in another leather pouch ,

one day i still want to meet you guys - its on my bucket list ,