[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - New lock in the shop.............

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:34 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

This was in my mail yesterday....... :Dbounce:
When i was contemplating doing a Christian Spring build(It's Ken Moors fault~his were so beautiful!!)....it finalized at the last CLA show, when I picked up my stock and BP & TG from Dave Keck. The down from his booth was a better looking :rotflma: :bow: ~ Barbie Chambers....we talked about this build, and she suggested to use a brass lock.....well, I am very pleased!
I will polish it some, and have a few accent lines engraved on it~
So Jim and Barbie~ thanks!...it will be a special build....54cal colerain barrel, a hard piece of silver maple from senior~dunlop.....and Dave C did a RR tip end... :P
so tomtom move over...I'm getting back in the shop!!! :grin:
marc an tomtom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:54 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Dang!!! I like that! SW

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:12 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

That is nice. it was 3 below last night.Hard to do fine tune work in a cold shop. :-(

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:15 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

looks like a great start , do keep us up to date as it proceeds , we love to watch your work my friend ,

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:26 pm 
International Man of Mystery

Can't wait to see the result.
I think I'll check in more often now.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:44 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

Glad to see you back Martin.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:01 pm 

It's good to be back Rad.
It's been too long.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:57 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

:ow: :ow: :ow: :ow: :ow: ...martin who...???... :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :ow: :ow: :ow: :ow: :rotflma: :jmp: ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:09 am 

Yip........it's me :bigrin:

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:18 pm 

You will have to contact kaintuck to make you a rifle, Martin. He could age it to look like something you could import!

He has made two for me, and I can say nothing but good about them! SW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:01 pm 

I'd have to sell one of the rifles on my license Hogger.
As you might know we can only own 5 firearms so my license is full.
Have you got a picture of those two you bought or maybe a link to a post???

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:29 pm 

Okay! Top is a 45 caliber percussion cap rifle. I'm still waiting for decent weather to shoot it. Bottom is a 54 caliber flint lock with "savage" decorations. As a smooth bore it's not a tack driver, but such short "pony guns" killed a lot of buffalo.

BP 007 (1024x376).jpg
BP 007 (1024x376).jpg [ 211.79 KiB | Viewed 8225 times ]

He cut this "gun stock war club" into the basic shape, and I finished it with stain and appropriate decorations. I filed the knife blade to shape, and he finished the knife with other items I had on hand like the Sambar stag handle and German silver guard.

A commercially-available flintlock pistol is shown for size comparison. Partially visible are some of Barb's souvenirs from Europe. ;) SW

BP 008 (1024x509).jpg
BP 008 (1024x509).jpg [ 241.62 KiB | Viewed 8225 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:59 pm 

Hey.....I have seen those wooden shoes before. :bigrin:

Thanks for the pictures Hogger.
I love the looks of the 45 caliber percussion cap rifle.
I hope the weather clears up soon so you can take it to the range.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin