[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Shot the capper kaintuck made

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:20 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Finally got out to shoot it today. 44 cal round ball - .015" greased patch - 40.0 grains 777 - magnum #11 cap. Wind was blowing like crazy but I still managed this @ 50 yards.

I aimed right at the center dot so it's a bit low, but that's an easy fix with a file.

I'm WAY happy with it!!! SW :jmp:

cadet 001 (1024x282).jpg
cadet 001 (1024x282).jpg [ 175.39 KiB | Viewed 7024 times ]

cadet 002 (1024x355).jpg
cadet 002 (1024x355).jpg [ 227.57 KiB | Viewed 7024 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:40 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

wonderfull , gotta shoot mine

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:38 pm 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

:Dbounce:
Hogger....I sure am proud you like her......I never know about most I make...heck, I even have a 32cal on the wall that's still a cherry..........I just don't get away from home much to shoot~and square 10........hope yours dose goot too!!!that barrel should be a smooth shooter!!!!!

marc n tomtom

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:00 pm 

I really like the deep hammer recess. No "cap measles" on my mug at all. Got some on my arm though. I thought deer flies were chewing on me, but it was cap fragments. No damage - I'll just wear a sweatshirt next time.

People talk trash about Spanish guns, but this lock and barrel from Spain are just fine!

And having never taken my measurements, kaintuck made the stock to fit me just right!!

If dear, sweeeeeet Britney ever orders a rifle, I'll take the measurements for him! Might take a couple tries to get them just right!! :bigrin: :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma: :jok: SW

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:49 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

OK - i see where this is going - just to 'square' off straight - ill take measurements of britany and paris , and any other fair YOUNG THING WILLING TO QUE UP . im good to go with a long line , and ive got my tape measure in hand ......just sayin ,

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:02 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

Well.....that just leaves Lindsey Lohan for me to measure..... :roll:

Guess that's what I deserve........

I just wanted to say, that was the last cherry or walnut rifle I intend to make, it gets me and tomtom noses real trouble, I worked on it mostly OUTSIDE the shop, but I had to clean the shop out every time I work on it......this was cut from moms HUGE cherry tree that was downed (split)from the ice storm thru Kentucky in 2009(?).......my only apology was I didn't have a left lock for hogger :-?
I have 30+ boards from the logs beneath the plank wood cut...
I am really happy tho you guys like your riffles.

I think I will shoot this current build, I haven't ever shot much that I build......I need to slow down and enjoy my hobbies more!!!

You guys encourage me with the stories and pictures!!! :jmp:
Keep posting please!!!

My oplogy on misstating woods used......I get cornfused on my builds sometimes....the Lexington rifle is #14 :kap:

Marc n tomtom

Last edited by OlTom on Tue May 19, 2015 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:41 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:32 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

I need a hillbilly family photo with rifle n horn....would love it with corn cob pipe too..~
All ready Fer tha revenuer........
Tomtom sain he will b&w the photo and print it:-)
Noremorsenewc n tomtom :crzy:

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:54 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

How about making him a mirror-image southpaw caplock rifle ?
THAT would make him a happy camper :-)

BRGDS, A

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:17 pm 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

Well, this one is a left handed, right sided caplock :crzy:
The cheek piece and set up is left....but I used his lock and barrel.... :kap:
See...he sent me a kit rifle to slip together....and I didn't tell him, but tomtom said use some of my stuff, and a wood stock set I had, and make a southern man rifle....and she's one of a kind!!!!
Kinda like hogger :jmp:

I never told him, but Britney o cow, had this rifle hanging over her bed for a while...... :bull: :rotflma: :lol

Marc n tomtom