[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Pics from kaintuck

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pics from kaintuck
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:42 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Here the patchbox is further being fitted - it will be flush with the stock when all the filing is done. SW

0000.kat5.jpg
0000.kat5.jpg [ 142.87 KiB | Viewed 8086 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:33 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

gonna be fantastic , it has class , i like mine alot but i like that as well - tad more ornate and i like the look , i still like mine just fine , your "customer" will be pleased im sure when it is done ,

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:41 pm 

Close but no cigar - the pencil marks seen indicate more expensive wood to be removed. SW

0000.kat4.jpg
0000.kat4.jpg [ 182.52 KiB | Viewed 8066 times ]

0000.kat5.jpg
0000.kat5.jpg [ 183.55 KiB | Viewed 8066 times ]

0000.kat6.jpg
0000.kat6.jpg [ 151.74 KiB | Viewed 8066 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:14 pm 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:16 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i need to watch my spell check - but im very pleased to think you might finaly keep one for yourself , o know you made your mothers , you need to enjoy some of the fruits of your labor my friend ,

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:36 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:27 pm 

The patchbox is being deepened here. More shavings to be kitty letter! Also the kitty who keeps our hero busy removing the cat "tootsie rolls" from said litter!

He told me he took off work early to do this - probably looked at too many "special interest" pic earlier! ;) :rotflma: :rotflma: :crzy:

You'll get in trouble with the house commander, kaintuck! :jok: SW

kat1.jpg
kat1.jpg [ 200.49 KiB | Viewed 8050 times ]

kat2.jpg
kat2.jpg [ 190.61 KiB | Viewed 8050 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:35 pm 

He couldn't stand the rough look of the unfinished patchbox & dived in when he got home... No word if the shop foreman needed more shavings to finish *his* work! ;) SW

0000.kat4.jpg
0000.kat4.jpg [ 152.76 KiB | Viewed 8047 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:51 pm 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

I finally fired up the ol computer................

here's the final days end!.....getting it to lay in the wood is really filling up my cuss jar........I need to make a door, and figgure out how we put this hidden hinge in....... :thnk:
This is a good way to ruin a nice piece of wood...turn me loose with tomtom telling me 'keep going"!
I got a hankering to keep going tonight....but I better pay attention to shewhomustbeobeyed, or I will be living at Jacobs :crzy:
nite fella's....................
marc n tomtom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:28 am 

Now the patchbox is pretty much where he wants it... next comes the lid. Pretty big patchbox!

Looks like there's enough room for everything you need so you wouldn't have to carry a man purse! ;) :bigrin: SW

0000.kat5.jpg
0000.kat5.jpg [ 188.88 KiB | Viewed 8030 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:09 pm 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

When hogger gets home, he can post a couple pictures I sent him.....about this dang lid.....I spent the better part of the afternoon trying to get a hidden hinge domed lid to work......well, you can't fool Mother Nature.....geometry can't be messed with....so made a flat lid, and redid the whole hinge shebang.....
Now, next is the release and hook, and the spring.....it's a hobby, but I can get mad sometimes cause dang things are so hard!
And tomtom just lays there........ :bull:

Nite all....tv land here I come----------

Marc n tomtom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:18 pm 

Well, I was goofing off all afternoon, but here are pics of the patchbox lid...

The pig? No clue - might be the shop foreman's squeak toy. SW

0000.kat2.jpg
0000.kat2.jpg [ 161.63 KiB | Viewed 8024 times ]

0000.kat3.jpg
0000.kat3.jpg [ 168.11 KiB | Viewed 8024 times ]

0000.kat4.jpg
0000.kat4.jpg [ 391.03 KiB | Viewed 8024 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:39 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i see no mistakes here at all ,

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:01 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

No....that last picture is a statue of Briney wearing glasses..... :kap:
:jmp: :rotflma: :fny:
Ahahahhhhh........
Marc n tomtom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:05 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i did see that - really beautiful work marc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:16 pm 

No rifle work today, just shots of the shop foreman who is apparently from south of the border. Which begs the question... does he have a green card? :bigrin: :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma: Is the cat a wetback???

Inquiring minds want to know! :bigrin: SW

0000.kat6.jpg
0000.kat6.jpg [ 132.14 KiB | Viewed 7943 times ]

0000.kat5.jpg
0000.kat5.jpg [ 190.25 KiB | Viewed 7943 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:37 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

party time .......

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:18 pm 

More actual rifle work here... I don't completely understand the process so he can explain it.

I do have an ignorant question, though... why is does the ramrod have a round end? Given that you ram home a round ball, shouldn't it be concave or at least flat? SW

20161001_103305_resized_1.jpg
20161001_103305_resized_1.jpg [ 740.98 KiB | Viewed 7923 times ]

20161001_102954_resized_2.jpg
20161001_102954_resized_2.jpg [ 1.1 MiB | Viewed 7923 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:23 am 

Looks like I'm in line for a silver medal in jumping to conclusions... The ramrod wasn't finished at all! Shown here are both ends - one for ramming the ball & the other with a worm for pulling loads. I should have known!

Last pic shows the grain to good advantage. SW

20161002_065354_resized.jpg
20161002_065354_resized.jpg [ 1011.66 KiB | Viewed 7911 times ]

20161002_065126_resized.jpg
20161002_065126_resized.jpg [ 925.12 KiB | Viewed 7911 times ]

20161002_065236_resized.jpg
20161002_065236_resized.jpg [ 970.21 KiB | Viewed 7911 times ]

20161002_072037_resized.jpg
20161002_072037_resized.jpg [ 750.04 KiB | Viewed 7911 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:01 pm 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

That there is a tip a feller in kalifonicate makes for the BP crowd. That fellows rifles make my build junk.....his dad was a jeweler engraver, and he took up the trade. His shop is really neat, with every toy we can imagine....and his engraving is fantabulous :kap:
Thanks jogger for posting, I'm working on the phone door latch now.....trying to keep it simple but strong......I want a nice little 'click' when it closes :jmp:

Marc n tomtom

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next