Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:48 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Ordered in a .177 cal rifle length (23.75") bbl a little while back, and briefly had it mounted on the new pumper rifle discussed elsewhere on this page. It did not fit the bbl. band on that rifle all that well. I ordered in a bbl band for it to fit one of my recent CO-2 pistols, and gave it a brief test tonight.

There's what it looks like with an early phase open turret Weaver B-4 4X scope aboard.
Doubt if it weighs anymore than 3 1/2 lbs. It handles nicely despite the short fore-stock. I think I may hunt with it in the early part of our grouse season, while it is still warm enough outside for the CO-2 to be reliable.

Here's what it shoots like from an informal bench rest at 13 paces. I actually yanked that one to the right side of the group~ yawed when I should have yinned :P

Very accurate, especially in my not so steady off-hand. Think this one is definitely a keeper. From what I'm seeing on soda cans, I can tune her up a bit for higher velocity. Open the port a tiny hair, and shim the hammer spring. I should be able to wring low 700's out of it at 68 F with good CO-2 aboard...

I have ordered in a .177 version of the latest pump up rifle. Will have a report on it once it gets here, and me having the time to sit and shoot with it.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:54 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I read your airgun posts & keep thinking I should get one. Didn't see any at the gun show this past weekend. SW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:53 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

It can take a bit of looking for them at gun shows.
I pass up on a lot of them at shows for different reasons, pricing being the main one. Condition is another...

Unless there's an emotional attachment to an older classic, I do most of my buying in the form of New Guns from on-line dealers. I think almost every gun I have gotten at a show has required seals. I prefer mostly to deal with new guns.

My side weakness is replica pistols in CO-2. I've paid quite a bit for some of the better ones: 586, 92-FS etc. I don't shoot them enough to properly justify their purchases. Kind of a sore point with me, but I manage to live with it. The bulk of my air gun shooting is done with rifles.

Pyramyd Air has a very good reputation as an online dealer. Their selection of available air guns is second to none...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon