[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - The view from our front window.

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:42 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Snowed a lick last night. Again. First pic is before - 2nd shows how deep it was = 6". But it was my exercise for the morning. And for those of you who like flowers, I got 2 shots of wifey's Christmas cactus. Which only bloom around Christmas and Easter for some reason. It struck me as odd to see a flowering cactus with so much snow on the ground. SW

snow2 002 (1024x768).jpg
snow2 002 (1024x768).jpg [ 424.54 KiB | Viewed 3865 times ]

snow2 005 (1024x768).jpg
snow2 005 (1024x768).jpg [ 470.05 KiB | Viewed 3865 times ]

snow2 007 (1024x768).jpg
snow2 007 (1024x768).jpg [ 496.03 KiB | Viewed 3865 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:06 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Oh, that is nostalgic. My Mom had Christmas Cactus for years, always in her kitchen.
Thanks for that pic.

Bern

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:08 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

mine too , it is nostalgia at its best , i love those blooms - so colorful and somewhat out of place on that thorny plant , i loved my moms fish hook cactus it had nifty blooms too , but i cannot keep plants alive or i would have one of those , i think its the high humidity in the summer and dry air in the winter - at least thats what i blame for the failures of my thumb - its brown/dead not green as needed ,

it is st pats weekend ill drink a green beer and toast the thought that ive known family that can grow stuff well , i missed out on that ability - the family talent for music , i cant even play the radio well and the only redeeming fact that they all call me when they remodel to help with the construction , i do that well enough but getting too old for a lot of those projects these days ,

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:49 pm 

Two days ago it was fairly nice. Took the dog out & she had a good time tearing around in the snow.

blizzard 003 (1022x758).jpg
blizzard 003 (1022x758).jpg [ 353.29 KiB | Viewed 3821 times ]

blizzard 004 (753x697).jpg
blizzard 004 (753x697).jpg [ 210.32 KiB | Viewed 3821 times ]

It's snowing and blowing now, so we have a different plan = couch dog!
blizzard 007 (1024x1014).jpg
blizzard 007 (1024x1014).jpg [ 396.34 KiB | Viewed 3821 times ]

Birds just outside the family room window enjoying the blowing snow. I dumped out a lot of birdseed yesterday so they and the squills loaded up.

blizzard 008 (1024x1008).jpg
blizzard 008 (1024x1008).jpg [ 819.2 KiB | Viewed 3821 times ]

blizzard 010 (949x646).jpg
blizzard 010 (949x646).jpg [ 461.88 KiB | Viewed 3821 times ]

No school in towns all around here - the hospital where older daughter works sent everybody home but emergency room staff... Must not be spring yet! ;) SW

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:35 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

A magnificent looking beast there Hogger. Me and my new one do our exercise in the morning and afternoon, then she crashes out till wifey gets home and the feeding starts.
We'll have more time for adventures soon. I'm finishing some jobs now and closing the shop doors on the first of next month. I plan on taking her to the range next month to see how she does with gun fire. My first Akita was fine with it and would just lay there and watch. She went everywhere we did, camping, hiking, caving and loved it. The 2nd Akita was just the opposite. This one was rescued from an oil field in west Texas, so she's kinda tough. And she HATES squills.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:42 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

bet the view out your front door has a new look today ....mine does , i had near four feet of snpow everywhere a day ago - i might have two now , but i got lots of water everywhere , good thing the ground is frozen or my sump pump would be running continuous , the river is rising , bank full and into my back yard , not quite into my shed yet - a few blocks from the mississippi , and those south on the mississippi should start preparing - it is comin your way , this could be a bad year ,

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:23 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

One of them squirrels is makin faces at ya, Hogger!

If ya turn ya head about 90 degree's, you'll see it too! ;)

Actually looks like a dog with it's head out the car window, with the wind elongating it's lips at 75 mph...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon