Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CO-2 Replica
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:00 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Got this last week. This week-end's flier has it on for 50.00 off price at Cabela's...

Triple white dot sight system. I still shoot better with +2.75 readers.

Dual ended magazine system with 8 shots on each end.
This pistol is a blow back pellet gun. It bleeds CO-2 off the firing cycle to run the slide back, and cock the hammer. The trigger advances a cam that rotates the magazine "cylinder" for each shot in both S/A and D/A. As such, the trigger is a bit on the weighty, mushy side. Nothing insurmountable though... the gun gun can be shot reasonably well at 5-7 paces.

I put 48 of the 7.9 grain Crosman field target domed pellets through this can from 5 and 7 paces. Every pellet connected with the can, so I really can't complain. As can be expected, this pistol is a bit of a gas hog. You know your gas is just about gone when the blow-back stops operating....

Sights are fixed, and the gun shoots quite low off of them. I am going to try some 10.1 grain pellets on the next session and see if I can't bring the p.o.i. up a bit.

I think this replica would be great for some relatively slow speed drill practice.
It makes a great plinker.

Performance is about as expected. Velocity ranges over a Crosman CO-2 12 gram caplet are from about 430 to 111 fps. For the sake of consistency, I would run this pistol to 40 pellets, and then dump the gas and go to a new caplet...

Here it is with one of my old non-blow-back stand-by's... the Beretta 92 - F.
The Beretta is the more consistent shooter, especially over the chronograph...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

Post subject: Re: CO-2 Replica
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:33 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

When you first mentioned blow back action, I figured it was a sneaky way for them to sell more CO2. Looks very realistic though. SW

Post subject: Re: CO-2 Replica
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:38 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Some of them want to shoot. :bigrin:

Unfortunately, the Sig doesn't appear to be much more than a close range can plinker... Until I can find a pellet that it likes.

There are others in the stable that actually do want to shoot- some more than others.

The Beretta pictured above is a prime example of this.

A mix of various pellets, 24 shots total, all landed on the target at 7 yards. For me, off-hand, that is great shooting.

Here is an example of why I would not want to be hit by one of these pistols. 7.9 grain Crosman tear drop point embedded it's self in the head of a spent 12 ga. hull at 15 yds with the Beretta. Note how the pellet expanded over it's skirt. Approx 425 fps.... That Beretta is still the go-to for me on tiny targets at above normal pistol ranges.

S&W 586-6" at 7 yds. Full ten shot cylinder went into 2 1/2". These are actually rifle weight match pellets. For me off-hand, that is good shooting.

Here's the 586 again, this time with true match pistol pellets aboard. The lower 4 shots were actually the fouling of the previous rifle match pellets being shot out of the bore. Final 6 shots went into about .75", which is damn fine shooting for my off-hand. I have to order in some more of these. I'll probably have to get them on-line. It's been a lot of years since I've seen them available locally.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon