[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Virus hysteria

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Virus hysteria
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:15 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I also have my suspicions who's at the bottom of this! SW

pic3 (2).jpg
pic3 (2).jpg [ 117.62 KiB | Viewed 5815 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:32 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

if , it is proven to have been biological warfare , not sayin i think it was , but if ...bomb hell out of whoever was involved

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:49 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:41 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

seems you got your expected result , i was half expecting ours to do same but he held back so far , we shall see what comes next week ,

i keep thinking when this is over there should be a lot of questions asked but i dont have faith any more in there being anyone capable of asking them , someone needs to hold the media responsible for what they have done , life will go on as it always has , but this was unacceptable , uncalled for and in many ways criminal ,

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:16 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Gov. Jabba the Hut declared an emergency and ordered a shelter in place for the state today at 3 pm. effective Saturday at 5 pm until April 7th.
The Missus may still have to go to work, the outfit she's with makes machines for the medical industry, so they may get an exemption.
Well might as well stay in the house because there is no where to go anyway. Everything is shut down.
I know what i'll do, i'll work on my stuff I put off for 15yrs while working on other peoples guns. And I have a crap ton of reloading to catch up on.
Some real weird times boys, like nothing I've seen in my 70 years.
Stand by for heavy rolls!!! This may come to your state soon, although I hope not.
Hope all you guys on here stay safe and healthy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

One way to get t.p. @ Walmart:

Might be the only way. This store was right out of t.p.. Seen a lot of cartfuls of paper towels. Looks like people are improvising. The 12 pack of bottled water that was $2.97 is now $6.86..

Can't quite figure out why, but chicken is one of the hoarded items. Getting very hard to find.

I am going for smoked goldeyes in the morning. Hopefully buying local fish will be a bit easier.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:06 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

reb , you forget the lock downs of the 60s riots ? we had national guard at the grocery and liqueur stores - preventing downtown looting while every night they burnt down large portions of the town , grant you it was not international but it gave me first hand experience with at home concerns , i did live in an area that was hit by this so maybe i got a bigger dose than some but we have been here before ,

and the chaos of the 70s anti war BS that blew up a building in my home town ? that brought in the feds and a lot of this reaction as well ..all around kent state granted , but it shut down colleges all over the country and high schools in some areas ,

im not going to reference the things i did not live through here but this is not the first or the last of these events that we will experience , the difference is the media drive to ruin the economy in my mind ..one day in hind sight we might want to look at that carefully , we cannot let the media be the last statement on our society

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:17 am 

Sunday is deli breakfast day for me at the local Co-op & bacon for flop ears. I cruised the aisles briefly just to see what was in short supply... Pretty much nothing but TP. I still can't get my head around that. When this mess settles down, stores won't be able to GIVE TP away!

Right before the snow storm, the meat counter was pretty well wiped out, but the butchers have been working OT & had it stocked again. That's the advantage of buying local meat instead of the pre-wrapped stuff at wal mart.

I also noticed a full freezer case of turkeys. That will be our next meat buy. A big turk will be good for a number of meals. I'll wait until we use what's in the fridge first - I refuse to participate in the buy everything you can hysteria.

Gas is down to $1.99 here. Sounds like the A-rabs are cutting crude prices for ready cash to keep some war or another going. Works for me.

Overall, things aren't that bad here. We're taking basic precautions - don't go out too much (we really didn't before) and keep clean.

Hang in there , Friends! This crap won't last forever. SW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:03 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

We're hanging in. A Square I do remember the Shitcago riots. And the Cuban Missile crisis and having to hide under the desk at school or in the hallway.
I also remember RAD Worker 2 and radiation safety training. And how I felt the first time I had to work the "Hot shop" I couldn't feel it, taste it, smell it, but enough would kill me, sorta like now. If we don't get sick we'll get thru this.
Missus is working, sent her home with a travel letter so they can't stop her from going to work.
The whole situation is just weird, really quiet when the knucklehead and I go for our morning and afternoon walk. No one outside, on the street, kids not playing the marathon basket ball games like they were last week.
I had to go to go to Peru, IL sunday ( and essential trip, I needed powder) and not much traffic at all, about a 70 mile round trip.
Now I'm bunkered in and not coming out. Knucklehead and I are staying in our safe space and catching up on reloading.
Hope all you guys are staying safe and healthy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:55 am 
Grand Pooh-Bah
Grand Pooh-Bah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:07 pm 

Still no extreme symptoms here. Wifey fancied laundry soap so I stopped at wally after me & the mutt left a lot of foot prints in the buttes. Not much TP, but they had some. Plenty of bread, milk & eggs. I watched people leaving after I got back to my ride & no signs of anyone loading up.

Then it was time to buy tags for my pickup. Wifey had some doom & gloom story from fake book about not being able to get into the courthouse. Ha! A security person asked if I'd been overseas or had cold symptoms. Nope. Away I went.

Exactly nobody at the counter so it took all of 3 minutes for the lady to print me a new registration & give me the stickers.

We're still doing the common sense bit - stay home & wash hands often. I think we'll make it through this all right. SW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:26 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

gas went to 1.799 today thank you saudi Ararbs - we avoided shut down thanks to gov, ill give this democrat credit when i think he is right , but he sounded a little doggier than yesterday - mall closed here today and im thinking our mayor is a little too cautious for our good , but wife and i are working regular jobs and im thinking OK , son got laid off for a while tho ,

spoke to most all my friends and family recently all safe and sound so far , some are self quarantining , most prep a little so they are OK , some of the older ones are actually at risk the younger are involved in travel for their jobs and that got shut down , a couple are recovering from recent surgeries so they need to take precautions anyway , sounds like the daughters trip to tokyo is getting delayed ..but i heard that as a second hand thing not direct , anyone hear what the olympic committee actually said ? that will disappoint a lot of athletes that have worked extra hard ,

taxes got delayed till July 15 here to match the feds so i gotta call my accountant to see what that might actually mean , might like the extra time ,

i was pleased to hear trump say he is looking to open things back up for business and the stock market rebounded a good bit , scared to talk to my investment guy after the last couple weeks - no more retirement talk for me ,

tomorrow is another day ,

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:08 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

39 confirmed cases in the C.O.W. now.

Had our first covid-19 death here yesterday- a woman in her 60's.

Still no signs of community transmission yet. That's probably gonna change. NYC is a scary barometer.

This thing is for real.

I think if we can continue with good pre-cautions, we'll make it through this. The better than frequent hand washing is extremely important.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:53 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Confirmed cases now 64, with most of them here in the city. IIRC, 2 are outside the city.
This thing spreads fast. Still no mention of community spread, but there's no clear definition of the 25 new cases being travel related, either. I suppose it ain't gonna matter in the long run.
Camera store is now only offering "at door" service. There is no longer customer entry allowed to the store area.
I'm gonna gas up the car again after work tomorrow.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:53 am 

Lots of people worldwide are ignoring curfews and lockdown laws. Cops in India have a cure for those types like these moslems who were ordered to stay home - a beating! :-o SW

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:23 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

well - i got furloughed friday till the 13th , guess i will get done a bunch of those things ive procrastinated on , make it a good thing and free time later for more fun things , we will see an end to all this ,

we have no curfew and can get what we need [if we can find it] at the stores that are open and can get takeout at most restaurants or drive through , need to support what we can to save the economy ,

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:09 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I am starting my second week off work. The company gave everyone 80 extra hrs. of sick/personal time to use as needed. Because I work with the public all day and am at a higher risk with heart problems, I decided I would take the time. Very next day I came down with a really bad head cold and am still fighting it. Dr. says it is not symptomatic of the virus but is still miserable.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:49 pm 

Stay safe, Friend and follow the precautions! SW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:57 pm 

I was just online ordering a few odd things - speed loaders, grips, spring kits & so forth, all of which were in stock. Then just for fun, I checked on ammo prices... what ammo?

Midway and Grafs were both out of popular calibers... I mean OUT. Looking farther, I checked on survival food - MREs and freeze dried meals. Out.

Okay, there's a virus going around, but I can't see going full retard about it.

Things are still fairly calm here. I'm not scared, but I'm not reckless, either. No more than one trip to the gro a week - no dining out, etc. Our plan is to stay calm and stay home.

(Okay, I take the dog out every morning, but there's nobody else where we go.) SW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:19 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

get well tenbore , i guess the sick time hit perfect but what a PITA to deal with , at least your gonna recover from a head cold , you will be fine in the end thats what matters , we need not lose any fellow contributors here you know ... we been together a long time now ,

the ammo shortage and gun buying craze is all the libs that have been anti for so long , suddenly see a need - we all have ours , if they just remember at election time - i hope they do but doubt they can ,

i had one transfer in motion right when this hit , took a couple weeks of messin about with the long waits and "on hold" phone calls to the ATF but all is settled now , ill post;pone any further buying till the dust settles , i want but dont need one added cowboy gun , if i never get it it will be just fine , i can find one if i wait long enough and ask enough folks or watch the WTS at the matches i attend ---if we ever get to hold one ,

my first real day of furlough i got a lot done , i covered more ground than i had even planned , nearly done with all the old files id not touched since i left my last job - fixed one of the two major issues my wife wants done , will look into the second tomorrow ,
i also burned all the boxes that had accumulated over the winter tonight and had time for a couple beers and a ceegar with gimp in the 60f sunny afternoon we had today , finishing last of the laundry tonight wile im checking in here , all-in-all a great day

keep treading water all - i see land

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next