Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: i remember this clearly - i wonder if this 'tour' with .....
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:02 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i remember this clearly - i wonder if this 'tour' with narative will tell all .....

of the facts ? i hate it when history gets rewritten in a one sided presentation , im not pointing a finger specificaly at either side here , i just want ALL of the facts incuded , i would hope it might prevent us as a country reliving such a thing ...........

http://content.usatoday.net/dist/custom ... 1596.story

Kent State creates walking tour of 1970 shootings
Posted 4/25/2010 5:02 PM ET E-mail | Save | Print
Mary Ann Vecchio gestures and screams as she kneels by the body of a student lying face down on the campus of Kent State University, Kent, Ohio on May 4, 1970. National Guardsmen had fired into a crowd of demonstrators, killing four.
Enlarge By John Fil, Associated Press
Mary Ann Vecchio gestures and screams as she kneels by the body of a student lying face down on the campus of Kent State University, Kent, Ohio on May 4, 1970. National Guardsmen had fired into a crowd of demonstrators, killing four.
KENT, Ohio (AP) — Kent State University has created a walking tour to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Ohio National Guard shootings that killed four students and injured nine others.

The tour offers narration of seven relevant sites on the campus where Guard members opened fire on students protesting the Vietnam War on May 4, 1970.

The tour features placards with photos, maps and written descriptions. It includes narration by civil rights leader Julian Bond.

Among sites on the tour are the pagoda near where Guard members fired and the parking lot where most of the students fell.

The shooting sites were added to the National Register of Historic Places this year.

The university seeks to raise $1.5 million to create a museum in a campus building overlooking the area

Post subject: Re: i remember this clearly - i wonder if this 'tour' with .....
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:26 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

My take on the story... if you don't want to get shot, don't be pi$$ing off people with guns. :roll: SW

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:50 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

After that it just about stopped all of the anti war protests which I was glad to see. It was not a very good war but we did not need the commie movement either.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:36 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

thank you SW , that was one fact i had felt would be left out ,

and thank you RAD , that was one of the "FACTS" i was thinking about ,

the communist instigators were playing a huge role in the local area i was in [both campuses i was on] it was non-students stirring up trouble , and iowa was not in the heart of it ,

and another is that it was kennedy & johnsons war , not nixons , democrats have a really bad history on war and race , which most forget or just dont know ,

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:37 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

The real sad part was that they didn't get any of the commie instigators.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:09 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i think you are right i think it was innocent bystanders , campuses were crawling with kids just wanting to go to class and get around without getting caught up in all this BS , but the media would have had you think they were all involved in every protest - just not so , it was more like some unruly gang infiltrated and tried to disrupt ,

at least thats how it was where i was , most of my friends were returned vets taking advantage of their GI bill rights , they just wanted to get their education and move on ,

the stinkin commies took over the democrat party , it has never let go , and we are paying for it now ,