[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - German Model 98k Carbine

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: German Model 98k Carbine
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:17 am 
Major
Major

German Model 98k Carbine, dated 1936 S/243 , made by Mauser-Werke AG, Berlin-borsigwalde. Not sure on the rarity of this particular rifle. I have been after a real German Mauser for some time, I did not want a Russian capture and I really did not want an import. This rifle all matches except the stock and the bands everything else does, and its not import marked, the bore is great and the lands and groves are strong. I do want to shoot it once but I wont be using surplus ammo when I do. The Mauser style rifles really are fine works of art, just wish I could hang them on the wall!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:19 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

It may have been sporterized and someone restored it with a RC stock. Looks good from what I can see.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:41 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

congrats , that's a nice one , they are worthy of being hung in display , sad the world no longer respects that

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:05 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I agree that is a nice one. I don't think the stock is an RC though. Probably a post war replacement not sure what country though.

And I wouldn't be afraid to use surplus 7,92 X 57 in that puppy! Just clean accordingly.

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:13 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

And I wouldn't be afraid to use surplus 7,92 X 57 in that puppy! Just clean accordingly.[/quote]

Thats rite. nice rifle. :-x wish i had 1.

Im not mad i just had to use that smiley..Is it a new one? :-x

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:56 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I'll have to talk to Bruce.......there are a LOT of smileys missing from our upgrade. (No masturbating smileys though) :lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:20 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

The coolest smileys are from an Italian site - now if I could just figure out how to lift them! SW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:04 am 
The Knife
The Knife

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:11 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

But all the ones I have seen/sold didn't have that
orientation. The numbers run along the same way as the buttplate. Either way it is nice looking early stock that fits the early dated rifle.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:05 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

The numbers that parallel the butt plate are Yugo refurbs. The Soviets did theirs vertical.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:18 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:40 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:41 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I have to go look at mine again. I don't recall it having any number on the stock. It's one that came in on the 'first wave' back in the early 90's

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:11 pm 
Major
Major

I am putting up stuff on GB for a local dealer here and he was showing me his mauser collection, he is going to sell some of them off, I just hope I can get some funds for when he does. has a postal issued one that was used by the SS.