[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - M1A or Garand?

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Which one would you rather own?
M1A 33%  33%  [ 18 ]
Garand 53%  53%  [ 29 ]
Neither one. I'd rather work a bolt 15%  15%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 55
 Post subject: M1A or Garand?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:48 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

The Garand and M1A are a lot alike but which one would you rather own or shoot?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:55 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

A lot easier with the box mag vs. the enbloc clip. Yiou do lose a bit in the accuracy dept. tho :-?

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:00 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Both!!!!!!!!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:30 pm 
Major
Major

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:41 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Ok. I voted for the M1A so I dont have to click on "view results" each time. :roll:

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:53 am 
Major
Major

Old Thor ain't got nothing on me.

Gungrubber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:15 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:59 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I didn't cheat. I have an M1. But I really, really really want an M1A, ever since I fired a match with one. But there should be a "both" option.

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:08 am 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:55 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post subject: Post subject
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:13 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I have a Garand but voted for the M1a, For me it was a financial decision to land a Garand, just couldn't get the dough for a M-14. I trained with it in 1969 and fell in love with it. Should I get even close to affording one in the future, I'm sure it'll be the Norinco version, well built but less money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:17 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I do not own either, but my brother just picked up a Garand. I hope to shoot it someday. Of course then I will need to fire a M1A to compare.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:24 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

.....Garand-no ifs ands or BUTTS..... :grin: :grin: :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:29 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I'll stick with my Garand.After all an M14 is is only a "value added"
M1-TR

Rome fell because it had a Senate-what will become of us with both a Senate and a House-Will Rogers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:04 am 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:28 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

:-o I simply cannot fathom anyone just wanting ONE caliber! I want them all and every thing that is chambered for each one. :lol

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:04 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Oh,I agree with that Tenbore,but I had trouble enough saving up for the Garand, let alone an M1A too! :lol -TR

Rome fell because it had a Senate-what will become of us with both a Senate and a House-Will Rogers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:52 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

warsteels words exactly - took me a while , but i have both , and wont part with eather , but if forced to use it the M1A hands down in my case , if punching targets tho i enjoy the garand a little more - love that ping :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:44 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - King Leonidas I of Sparta

Visit "Smokeless Powder", my firearms and 2nd Amendment blog: http://fingolfen.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:58 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Most definitely the Garand! The history, the heft, the balance. Best all-around semi-auto combat rifle ever made.
Great to collect and / or shoot. :P
JohnB/