[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - How to Put Stuff You Find in the Space You Have

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:53 pm 

High everybody, first time poster, long time "acquirer". You know how you never seem to have enough room? We'll my recent acqusitions raised a question fielded by my spousal unit, which is always the same question, "AND WHERE TO YOU THINK THOSES ARE GONNA GO?!!". But this time there was a degeee of validity. My delema was how to put 11 rifles in a 4 gun rack. This what I came up with. PAX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:32 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I feel your pain. Next you run out of wall against which to lean things... but the die-hard gun nut deals with it. ;)

And! Welcome to the madness! :bigrin: :welcome: :nube: SW

zCollezione1.jpg
zCollezione1.jpg [ 73.81 KiB | Viewed 10908 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:12 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

How about 16 rifles into an 8 gun cabinet?

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:52 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

welcome , glad you joined us ,

im about to experience this in a big way , my collection will be moving from its current residence to less space , i divested myself of some , but ive added a few , its not going to be pretty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:01 pm 

I forgot to add I like your Dutch Mannlicher and that sure looks like a nasty old M91 Carcano!

Those are no good - they breed like rats in your gun room. There's only one possible solution! Send the Carcano - freight collect is fine - to Hogger's National Carcano Disposal Center
#123 S Main St. Haystack, Nebr.

You will then be free of the Carcano curse and able to hold your head high among fellow gun nutz! :bigrin: :rotflma: SW

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:22 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...aw geeeeeez.... :roll: ....just get fr8dude to make you one of these...only took him an hour... :Dbounce:

wall9-11-11P.JPG
wall9-11-11P.JPG [ 159.44 KiB | Viewed 10901 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:15 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

welcome along and enjoy the insanity. And NebrHogger is part right, they all breed till all your space is filled not just those "nasty old Carcano".

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:43 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

:welcome: where there's a will.....there will be a way! I'd post a pic but next to all these I'd look like a piker!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:18 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

And another :welcome: .

The dilemma that I have is no place to put a safe. I have two of them. One I bought years ago and one that my wife won in a FNRA drawing. One foe my sporters and one for my Mausers.

Rad

Attachments:
DSC01563 edit.JPG
DSC01563 edit.JPG [ 176.09 KiB | Viewed 10891 times ]
DSC01564 edit 2.jpg
DSC01564 edit 2.jpg [ 42.96 KiB | Viewed 10891 times ]

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:01 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

When I run out of walls space, they go in the corners til further contemplation. And yes, that is the bedroom.

Attachments:
Cave 003.jpg
Cave 003.jpg [ 163.2 KiB | Viewed 10883 times ]
Cave 001.jpg
Cave 001.jpg [ 147.45 KiB | Viewed 10883 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:04 pm 

More of those nasty Carcanos!! :-o tsk tsk! ;) :bigrin: SW

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:14 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Isn't the proper plural Carcani :lol

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:45 pm 

You are asking the wrong guy - I doesn't speak-a Italian. :kap: Which is ironic... my last magazine article was published in the Italian magazine, Storia di Collezione. All I can read is my name.

Works for me! :bigrin: SW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:00 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Some of the "leaners"

B

Attachments:
Cave 009.jpg
Cave 009.jpg [ 110.54 KiB | Viewed 10870 times ]
Cave 007.jpg
Cave 007.jpg [ 95.61 KiB | Viewed 10870 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:40 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

some of the leaners -

bagged -

boxed -

the displayed -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:27 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

A Square, I REALLY!! like your fold-out cabinets.

More of my meager leaners.

B

Attachments:
Cave 012.jpg
Cave 012.jpg [ 88.52 KiB | Viewed 10855 times ]
Cave 010.jpg
Cave 010.jpg [ 100.53 KiB | Viewed 10855 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:21 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

.....I refuse to lean mine :rotflma: ....they're either on a wall or nestled here... :grin:

mosinrack nice sm.JPG
mosinrack nice sm.JPG [ 194.27 KiB | Viewed 10853 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:15 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Holy crap you guys!!! I am oh so jealous :-?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:30 am 

No worries, Ellie - everybody starts with one. 8-) In 1970 I bought a brass frame repro BP revolver ( still have it) and things took off from there. SW

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:33 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

must agree , we all started with one , some of us have been at it a long time , and one day down the road a lot of these will be available ;)