[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Life below zero.

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Life below zero.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:36 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

It is a series to be on NatGeo and has Ed & Agnes Hailstone among others. If anyone finds out when it is before be sure to let me know.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

Post subject: Re: Life below zero.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:41 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

As winter closes in, the quest for sustenance becomes essential as four Alaskans fight to stay ahead of the season. In Noorvik, Chip and Agnes Hailstone race against Mother Nature in a dangerous quest to set whitefish nets on thin ice and haul in the last catch of the season. Near Eagle, Kate and Andy break trail through towers of ice to gain access to their lifeline--the Yukon River. Across the state in the desolate wilderness, Erik is on a vital hunt for red meat. Meanwhile Sue Aikens is living out of her element in Fairbanks, fervently awaiting the green light from her doctor to escape city life and return home to the North Slope--and the threat of a bear that could be denned up in her camp.
Credits
....still lookin for show date......just sez "spring of 2013"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:02 am 
The Knife
The Knife

In his post on Gunboards he said it will be on in May.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:56 am 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

May is still spring.... :rotflma:

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:40 am 
The Knife
The Knife

An update on this, here is a link to some preview of the show.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/c ... hailstone/

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:00 am 
Captain
Captain

I just read here, but I guess is safe enough to post here, and say that the show was alotta work and 15 more 'episodes' are ahead. We had 4 different directors through it all so far and mucho more work to go, so Im thinking there will be more.

we got to narrate ourselves and basicly were given free hand to say and so it as we do, minimal drama and no ones gonna "starve". The few times we filmed were quite the job, but they made the most of it, and tonight I went to a house down the road and watched with great satisfaction.

I hope you enjoy it too.

Regards!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:30 am 
The Knife
The Knife

My wife and I both watched it and really enjoyed it. I knew just how you were going to do the net as have seen it here. A lot more detail on a big screen (48") tv.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:40 am 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...woohoo...!!!...great show!!...nice to see you and Agnes in HD and that gorgeous scenery nice and large on the tv instead of the pics and vids on a small 'puter monitor :Dbounce: ...I took a look back in this section to some of the earlier exchanges we had and found a post where i suggested you oughta look into documenting your daily life in a reality or some such show.....and gawlee-it took a lil time but you did ...you mentioned production costs,etc but I guess NatGeo took care of that aspect :bigrin: ...great show...and nice to see ya-almost in person... :lol ;) ...lookin forward to the rest of the shows :jmp:

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:40 pm 
Captain
Captain

Shuks, Mario, Im very glad you liked it!! 15 more episodes, and where you are in Ohio, I bet you can get the channel :D

I had to hustle to a neighbors satalight dish TV and watch in a crowded house , alota folks standing the whole hour, but I was impressed myself :D

The funny thing is, most Alaskans cant stand Alaskan shows, as they are often written and narrated by someone whos never been to AK......we got to have a lotta say in the narrations and such, almost entirely in our own words, and that's a big deal when working with writers and directors.

Im happy too, and I was apprehensive.

Yep, you guys were right years ago, and whatta ya know?? ~~LOL!!~~

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:17 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

.....well of COURSE we get the channel in Ohio-how ya think I saw it???...I mean,it aint like we're north of the arctic circle or anything :rotflma: .......finally-I know someone famous... :grin: can I get yer autograph...??? :lol ;) ....wifey sez you're kinda cute :lol ...and tell Agnes I said she looks great too...and to keep taking good care of you-must be doin something right...and I really hope ya'll dont end up in the river-at least until a very ripe old age... ;)

.....heres link to the post I refered to...it was toward the bottom after the vids....that dont work anymore... :-(

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3041

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:51 pm 
Major
Major

ehailstone that was great! Being down here in Florida, a completely different life.
Seeing you and Agnes was great and hearing your voices too. I hope they cover some of your hunts, although I guess you would have to drag the whole film crew, which sure makes bagging game alot harder. I plan to watch all the episodes!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:38 pm 
Captain
Captain

Cool, indeed, Herr Mario :D

If only I knew what was ahead, I would have been onna different tangent, entirely. Hindsite is 100%, ~~LOL!!~~

Still, 15 more episodes and well see whats next , I'm glad you like it :D

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:21 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

Ed in a reality show!!!!!! I don't have regular TV, can't afford the billion channel box$$...we have netflix, but I will look for it~

I bet the rest of the world won't understand one thing....how you r kids can handle the life...most kids HAVE to have every gizmo that $$ will buy them....and life without a cell phone???????? unheard of!!!

I hope you guys get $$$ off of the show, and bank it. Sometimes these 15min of fame rips familys apart....but you guys have it together pretty good!

i have missed us talking here...still have flinters, and horns....slowed some on making them, time and energy a little short somedays~

take care up there in the frozen north! I'll stay where Paris wears her bikini's............. :Dbounce:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:19 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....liked episode 2 better than the 1st...beautiful scenery/photography......and the wifey is really getting into it,though she sez she wouldnt wanna be out quite that far..... :rotflma: .....lookin forward to #3 tomorrow... :Dbounce: ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:59 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....Sunday's episode was good-with Chip and Agnes...the other folks kinda make me switch the channel :roll: and come back to catch the Hailstones....loved the sightin in of the PU scope :ow: :-o .....Agnes woulda kicked some serious butt on the Russian Front... :grin: :grin: :grin: ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:17 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

OK now......what's the name of the show? I'll have to see if I can fire up the old sat-box-DVR and see if I can catch it (and the re-runs now). Teach me to stay away :-? didn't even know it was coming until just this am. I seriously haven't watched squat since the November erections. Too depressed to even turn on the tube.

Glad this worked out for ya Chip!!!! Looking forward to seeing this.

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:26 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Life below zero. Each new episode airs at 10pm on NatGeo. Reruns are on at various times during. Some are on Thursday evening. They just don't show enough of Chip and Agnes activities.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:50 am 
Captain
Captain

Im glad you like it or are soon to watch, Bruce, Rad, Mario, and all others that admire Paris Hilton... ~~LOL!!~~

It took awhile to get 'er done, and soon Ill be in the hunting game again. Nat Geo will be back this next week for more "work" :D

This is the latest, you'll find the others on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA-OBTxO ... edded#t=0s

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:07 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

Howdy Ed!

Glad you folks are still eating and getting around.....seems like a good life you have....just a little to much of the 'white stuff for me and my 'boss'...she's from Michigan...and told me she's NEVER going north again~
:-o

Tenn still here...........

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:48 am 
Captain
Captain

Heres a teaser for Sundays show; I'm sure you know the outcome! :D

Persistence Pays.
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/c ... the-chase/