[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - gunsmith carcano.

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: gunsmith carcano.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:58 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

My gunsmith has two carcanos for sale, cheap. One hex, one round receiver. I tried posting pics but pixels are too big. I had troubles with this before. I will try to figure it out after work tomorrow. The hex receiver says 1900, the round e6870. Round receiver has the better bore. 6.5 x something. I'd like to purchase the better one of the two. Is ammo available? Enbloc clips available?

Post subject: Re: gunsmith carcano.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:36 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

The 1900 one might be something - got the serial # on that one? Ammo & clips are readily available. SW

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:45 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Something 36-xh?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:15 pm 

Might be a Torre Annunziata - those are good property. SW

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:31 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

It also has ardone v.t. and a crown, then re.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:31 am 

Crown & RE are standard army marks. Go for the most complete one - you will have the best chance of recovering your $ if you tire of it.

If it was me, I'd be looking hard at the 1900 example. No matter what, it's a combat vet and historical artifact... unless it's incomplete & sportered. SW

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:17 pm 

Here are a couple pics of the Carcanos described. Both are M91 cav moschettos - one is a Terni and the other is a Gardone, VT. SW

0000.c1.jpg
0000.c1.jpg [ 189.23 KiB | Viewed 9910 times ]

0000.c2.jpg
0000.c2.jpg [ 184.32 KiB | Viewed 9910 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:45 pm 

Eli grabbed the Gardone for a very favorable price. In the pics here, we see the CAI import mark that nails down it came from Albania/Balkans. Further reinforcing that is the abundant cosmo seen on the bolt.

Cosmolene must be a principle product of Albania - they literally soaked rifles in it before export. A bother to clean, but minimal rust.

0000.c1.jpg
0000.c1.jpg [ 180.77 KiB | Viewed 9900 times ]

0000.c2.jpg
0000.c2.jpg [ 194.42 KiB | Viewed 9900 times ]

0000.c3.jpg
0000.c3.jpg [ 187.96 KiB | Viewed 9900 times ]

And a profile shot. I like it! SW

0000.c4.jpg
0000.c4.jpg [ 177.87 KiB | Viewed 9895 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:11 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Shot the cav carbine a couple days ago. Spent more time clearing jams than shooting. Worked on the bolt and the chamber today. Now its cycling real smooth. Kicks like a mule though. Not quite as much as my m95 but close. Shot about two feet high at a hundred yards. Any advice on loading a round at a time? The extractor doesn't want to grab it, and the round gets stuck in the chamber. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:16 pm 

If you don't have a clip, you can remove the bolt to fit the rim under the extractor. Then carefully slide the bolt back into the receiver.

Otherwise the magazine/cartridge lifter is still crapped up with cosmo & needs to soak in solvent a while more. SW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:14 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Thanks for the tips. This carbine is working nice now. Cleaned up the bolt face, and more cosmoline. Shoots pretty good, about a foot high at 100 yards. Now looking for a recoil pad. Great bayonet on this rifle. Well designed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:27 pm 
Major
Major

How much does he want for the other one?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:43 pm 

I checked, and it quickly sold. SW

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:19 pm 
Major
Major

Bummer, stuffs becoming rare as hens teeth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:58 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Hi subhunter. Ill trade you mine for something if your interested. It's a little too compact for me. I pm'd you.