Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:52 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

had a great time in enderlin ND for the ND/SD state shoot , left early on sunday due to rain , my friends and i dont shoot in the rain , but saturday was a long day of great shooting , i actually did very well at shooting clean stages - only one miss and no Ps for procedurals of not following the stage directions on the targets , my goal is always to shoot clean , i seldom make it but not being fast i need a goal like that , leaving early will cost me overall but i had no illusions of winning anything ,

i had a great time and they threw a great party overall , ill go back next year - god willing - this is one of my two favorite shoots ,

for venue and the people that participate you cannot beat these folks and the program they present , this years theme [they always have a B-western movie theme , it was mc clintock , they show the movie on friday night and the stages always reflect something from the movie , i really like john wayne and that movie is high on my list of favorites , life is good in my world

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:00 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

many moons ago a friend dropped High Power/Service Rifle and was shooting CAS,
he did well enough to get some minor sponsorship and toured a bit up the east coast and then dropped it,

another friend and I thought of trying it, I was a Butcher at the time, and my friend was a Baker,
so I was gonna be Chuck Wagon, and he was going to be Dusty Loaf,

never got any farther than thinking,

I do have a customer that shoots locally,
he does a few out of state events to,

he has placed in the State finals,
does a bit of fast draw too

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:41 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

my friends and i do it as a shooting/camping get together , none of us are very good but we all have fun , we also get to relax around a campfire and enjoy each others company , a little camp cooking BBQ and beer and ceegars , life is good , and we get to shoot too , a few weeks till the next one , im looking forward to it a lot , wisconsin this time

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:37 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I just bought a Cimarron Lightening on a whim,

I know the same guy Lyman was speaking of. I use to shorten Win 1897's for him to Riot length as those were "The" shotgun to use back then. I thought about doing it myself but, in those days I worked, had Reserve duty and was a Geo bachelor and never had the time to pursue it.

The Lightening will be a fun shooter and be another hide out gun in the house with my other .38 revolvers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:59 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

sounds a good use if your not gonna shoot CAS ,