[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Spanish air force mauser 43 short rifle

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:25 pm 
Major
Major

Was watching the price on this at a local shop and he finely came down a hundred bucks so I grabbed it. Its a Spanish air force model 43 short rifle. It replaced the model 1916 short rifle and the 1893.It's 7.92x57mm 4 groove r/hand. about 8.6lbs. And no import marks. IT has the Spanish air force crest on the receiver ring.Info can be found on pg 306 of the third edition of Mauser military rifles of the world.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:24 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Looks likea nice one to me!

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:57 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Looks good. I thought those were Model 44s. The Spanish 43 is just a little different.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:50 pm 
Major
Major

well the books have them listed as 43 short rifles. not a lot of info on them. t

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:16 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

In Ball's 4th book there is a pic of the receiver top and it is called a Model 43 and a couple pages on there is a full length pic and it is labeled as a Model 1944 (p. 345). It can be typed as either depending who you talk to.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:41 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

this is really confusing , but interesting

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:19 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

can get more confusing. the articles I've read in the past stated the 1943 spanish is a copy of a german rifle, while the 1944 air force rifle is a copy of the polish wz-29, which spain had a lot of from the shipments from poland during the civil war of the late 30's. if you look at the air force model, it does have the polish characteristics. the finger grooves in the stock are offset like the polish rifle, and the front sight is the same. sling slot in the butt is the same, too. have no idea why they would come out with two similar but different models a year apart, maybe the army and air force didn't talk too much or something.

y'all have a good day, Keith

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:56 pm 
Major
Major

If it has the airforce crest its an airforce rifle.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:14 am 
The Knife
The Knife

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:00 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

hi, the airforce mod 44 should have big "ears" on either side of the front sight and a different bayonet mount (smaller ).
oh by the way hello everyone this is my first time here as a member :duel:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:43 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Hello Adrians, willkommen to the forum

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:31 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Yes, Welcome!! :welcome: And a big "HOWDY!!" from all the cuties who attended the YW free beer night! :bigrin: :rotflma: SW

**wearing lederhosen while hanging out or posting is optional :crzy: **

Attachments:
zzzBeer1.jpg
zzzBeer1.jpg [ 125.3 KiB | Viewed 7217 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:35 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

great to be here fella's,
ET2ss like your peter gabriel pic(big fan ).
NEBRHOGGER loverly pic .
you all seem like a great group of folks,thanks for the welcome.
yaaaallll have a wonderfull night. adrians501. :duel:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:32 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

This is a great group here Adrians

As far as the sig line pic, I hope it is forgiveable the "Watcher of the Skies" costume with the "Giant Hogweed" tag-line :lol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:52 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

:grin: ets22 "watcher of the skies " indeed "watcher of all".
i have seen genesis too many times to count ,back home a long time ago, but my fav gabriel outfit has to be the full size fox head and red evening gown he wore when foxtrot came out in the very early 70's ,and ofcourse the slipperman gear he wore on his last genesis album "The lamb lies down on broadway" in 1975.
after that it was "wind and wuthering" with phil collins as lead guy but i still went to the ends of the world to see them ,this probably dates me but what the heck i may be 51 now but in my late teens and early 20's no one could touch this band for using their imagination and putting on great live shows .
ah just talking about them brings tears of joy to my eyes,those were the days.
anyway enough nostalgia ,i'll go to bed with this parting line i love collecting ww1----ww2 rifles.
(i'll probably need one when "the battle of epping forrest" starts,lol)
{genesis humour}.
have a great night .... adrians501 :duel:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:29 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:41 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:10 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

i think he wore that costume in england when they toured to promote the album "selling england by the pound" (i am Harold the barrel) i can't really remember heck who knows it could be from "Trespass" but that was a little earlier in their musical crusade . i think it was used when they did"i know what i like"(in your wardrobe!) but like you say Herr its a long time ago and i couldn't remember my parents names sometimes if you know what I mean :Dbounce: .
boy now i'm pineing for a little listen to a "fireside song" from revalation but i can't.
anyway how about that nice spanish mod 43 or is it a 44?lol.
have a great weekend and keep your bore clean .adrians501 :duel:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:55 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Again nice Mauser.....gotta go......."Supper's Ready" :lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:21 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

yer suppers ready , "you are what you eat, eat well ".
have a good en. adrians501 :duel: