[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - New RC K98

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New RC K98
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:25 am 
PFC
PFC

Glad I found this forum, you guy's have been a lot of help with my M91/28TS Carcano. Tonight the BBT dropped of my new RC K98 :grin: . It's a 1944 DOT in outstanding condition. All the proof marks are there, not peaned out. The barrel shield is marked 13. The furniture matched the receiver. The bolt is electro-penciled lightly. Bore is beautiful. It is missing the cleaning rod, front sight hood,and the capture crews. I've already ordered the missing items and sling. It's my first Mauser and I'm impressed. I know it's not a numbers matching bring back. I will post some pic's tomorrow. Just wanted to tell someone. Thanks Matt

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

Post subject: Re: New RC K98
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:27 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:00 am 
The Knife
The Knife

There is a small shield with a number stamped on the barrels of the Czech made mausers of WW2 vintage and the ones left over on post war made rifles.

:ttiwwp:

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:32 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....ditto....like this one I had-except the glare is hiding part of it... :roll:
....sorry,its the only pic I have left of that one... :lol

dot43rcvr.jpg
dot43rcvr.jpg [ 71.94 KiB | Viewed 5374 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:31 pm 
PFC
PFC

I'll try and post some pics tomorrow, I was running around delivering fruit baskets to widows today.

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:59 am 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:56 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

Did you get lucky ??????

OK I'M SORRY i lost control for a second or 2.

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:36 pm 
PFC
PFC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:30 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Looks good. I sort of like those Czech made K98s.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:49 pm 
PFC
PFC

I shot the Mauser today. I was using Romanian surplus from AIM. I put 40 rounds through it without any alibis. I was pleasantly surprised with the recoil, very manageable and actually slight as compared to the Mosin Nagant. I shot standing only at 70 yards using a paper plate target, put all rounds on the paper plate with the best groups around 2 inches. I am very impressed. :grin:

Happy New Year,

Matt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:53 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

Nice rifle.The feeling of a new gun in the hand is like like Well like nothing i can put into words. :fny:

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:07 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

congrats , and welcome

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:59 am 
Major
Major

Looks great! I love the mausers. Welcome to the fourm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:46 pm 
OUTLAW

matt that romanian ammo is some good shooting ammo.I have burned up my fair share in the past.that said its not loaded to the higher end of the power scale.its pretty mellow.
try shooting some norma or the pri next time the brass is reloadable.that stuff will give you a thud on the shoulder ;) .
a big welcome to the forum and enjoy your mauser.
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx? ... groupid=42
pete

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:25 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

.......AND.....
......if the mood ever bites you,I've got some original WW2 '39 and '40 dated German 8mm straight out of battlepacks I might be willing to part with if you'd like to feel what they felt for recoil :lol ....its all in excellent condition...looks brand new (no kiddin') as it was well stored....I've had NO misfires/FTF's with it yet ;) ....but it IS corrosive and requires appropriate cleaning of your rifle after a range session...