Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:11 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

DVD looks at Pandolfo history
Times staff report • January 5, 2009

An early figure in the auto industry is the subject of a DVD produced by Stearns History Museum and a local car club.

“Pan’s Song,” telling the story of Samuel Pandolfo, is available at the museum store, the museum announced this month.

Pandolfo dreamed that his Pan Motor Co. would one day have St. Cloud rivaling Detroit as the automaking hub of the United States. His dream crumbled in the early 1920s, shortly after it began, and he spent time in federal prison after being convicted of fraud relating to the sale of Pan Motor Co. stock.

The DVD includes a video released in 1992, which was made with actors along with Pan Car footage and archival photographs.

The DVD also contains nearly an hour of interviews with St. Cloud-area residents Roy Bernick, Slim Carlson, Walt Ellis, John Dominik, Warner Nobel and Bob Sis. The video and DVD were produced by Stearns History Museum in collaboration with the St. Cloud Antique Auto Club.

The 1¼-hour DVD sells for $14.95 plus tax at the museum, 235-33rd Ave. S, St. Cloud.

Museum hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon-5 p.m. Sunday. For information, call 253-8424.

In your voice
Read reactions to this story

KiddsCuz wrote:

"He was about as honest as they came Kidd"

Thank you Raptor. Why did they call him the "hangman judge?"

I remember this because my dad was a contributing writer on a book of Pandolfo and exposed some of the shannanigans that got him accused and convicted. But - that was a long time ago - 30 years or better.
1/5/2009 2:02:00 PM "He was about as honest as they came Kidd"<br /><br />Thank you Raptor. Why did they call him the "hangman judge?"<br /><br />I remember this because my dad was a contributing writer on a book of Pandolfo and exposed some of the shannanigans that got him accused and convicted. But - that was a long time ago - 30 years or better. KiddsCuz
Recommend New post Reply to this Post Report Abuse

KiddsCuz wrote:

Sorry, that should have been 29th Avenue not street.
1/5/2009 2:00:05 PM Sorry, that should have been 29th Avenue not street. KiddsCuz

KiddsCuz wrote:

"Is that where Pantown area got the name? "

Yes it is. You can see the Pan-styled homes throughout the Pantown area. Padolfo even created the very tunneling system that our sewer system uses today to bring factory workers to the plant during inclement weather. A door went to every basement of every home he built for his employees. Pandolfo's home is the site of Veterens' Drive and about 29th street, now owned by a local attorney.
1/5/2009 1:59:24 PM "Is that where Pantown area got the name? "<br /><br />Yes it is. You can see the Pan-styled homes throughout the Pantown area. Padolfo even created the very tunneling system that our sewer system uses today to bring factory workers to the plant during inclement weather. A door went to every basement of every home he built for his employees. Pandolfo's home is the site of Veterens' Drive and about 29th street, now owned by a local attorney. KiddsCuz
Recommend (1) New post Reply to this Post Report Abuse

raptor wrote:

Kenasaw Mountain Landis was the judge, He was about as honest as they came Kidd.
1/5/2009 11:26:41 AM Kenasaw Mountain Landis was the judge, He was about as honest as they came Kidd. raptor

Featherrock wrote:

Is that where Pantown area got the name? Maybe an obiviously stupid question...sorry.
1/5/2009 11:22:40 AM Is that where Pantown area got the name? Maybe an obiviously stupid question...sorry. Featherrock

KiddsCuz wrote:

"His dream crumbled in the early 1920s, shortly after it began, and he spent time in federal prison after being convicted of fraud relating to the sale of Pan Motor Co. stock."

I hope the DVD covers the judicial corruption that surrounded his conviction.

"Are you saying the" Big Boys" in Detroit framed Pandolfo? "

The City Fathers framed Pan, imo. They didn't want another Detroit. Look into the judicial history and you'll find that the State shopped for a hang-man judge in the case.
1/5/2009 10:21:09 AM "His dream crumbled in the early 1920s, shortly after it began, and he spent time in federal prison after being convicted of fraud relating to the sale of Pan Motor Co. stock."<br /><br />I hope the DVD covers the judicial corruption that surrounded his conviction. <br /><br />"Are you saying the" Big Boys" in Detroit framed Pandolfo? "<br /><br />The City Fathers framed Pan, imo. They didn't want another Detroit. Look into the judicial history and you'll find that the State shopped for a hang-man judge in the case. KiddsCuz

raptor wrote:

Are you saying the" Big Boys" in Detroit framed Pandolfo?
Thats an interesting theory.
1/5/2009 10:08:08 AM Are you saying the" Big Boys" in Detroit framed Pandolfo? <br /> Thats an interesting theory. raptor

PanClassic wrote:

Old Sam was the original "Pan Classic". I'm just a wannabe.
I fear that the conspiracy by Detroit was to frame Pan Motor Company...look where it got them.
In my pocket looking for cash.