[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Vincent HRD Black Shadow

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vincent HRD Black Shadow
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:27 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I had a Triumph Bonny in College and my buddy had one of these. That was in the days when one of our professors drove a Mercedes Gull Wing. In the mid 60's used vehicles were affordable.

Attachments:
3755129_f520.jpg
3755129_f520.jpg [ 70.1 KiB | Viewed 7519 times ]
File comment: This is not my buddy..
rolliefreerecord.jpg
rolliefreerecord.jpg [ 20.04 KiB | Viewed 7519 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:51 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

now thats pretty cool - i like the looks of that

i also had a bonnie in college [actually two - a '72 & a '73 , both brand new , the wreck paid for the second one ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:54 am 
OUTLAW

the black shadow was the hot bike in its day.
my first triumph was a 500 daytona dad and I built the motor when I was 16.gotta love the prince of darkness (lucas).
pete

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:52 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nothing like lucas electricals to fine tune your trouble shooting skills :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:06 pm 
OUTLAW

:lol shipped from england in salt water.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:56 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

my 72 had a lot of issues - first year with turn signals and such , but the 73 was not bad - till i let it sit long enough for the battry to go dead :lol ,

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:56 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Yes, tell me about Lucas. He built refrigerators and that is why the English drink warm beer. Mine was a '62 and like a little puppy left puddles everywhere I parked it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:21 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i see theres one under mine in the photo too :lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:58 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

My uncle wouldn't let me park my Triumph in his driveway. Said he was tired cleaning the oil spots. Back in the early 50's him and his brother were the first in Texas to race Triumphs on oval tracks. Everyone else was on Harleys and Indians.
The first time I rode a Honda I almost killed myself. Those sneeky Japonese put the foot brake lever on the wrong sid and I missed a Nash Rambler by about 2 inches.

Wes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:06 am 
OUTLAW

thats a easy fix.a large piece of plate glass and some fine valve grinding compound.figure 8's new gaskets and some yamaha yellow dog gasket sealer.I had the only daytona that didn't leak oil :lol .

you can tell when someone is single...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:12 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

wrong side :lol - i forgot that , they did indeed ,

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:53 am 
OUTLAW

sportsters were on the "wrong" side also.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:29 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

yes they were - those of us that rode "the fastest motorcycle in the world" - bonneville salt flats , knew this

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:44 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

This post woke some memories. My oldest brother has owned 2 Vincents over the years; next oldest brother was a Triumph guy. I was into Norton's; had a 1973 750 Combat model for 11 years........wish I still had it!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:04 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back in the '70s Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which didn't suck.

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:26 am 
OUTLAW

:jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: .

The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."
Lucas is the patent holder for the short circuit.
Lucas - Inventor of the first intermittent wiper.
Lucas - Inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.
The three position Lucas switch - Dim, Flicker and Off.
The Original Anti-Theft Device - Lucas Electrics.
Lucas is an acronym for Loose Unsoldered Connections and Splices
Lucas systems actually uses AC current; it just has a random frequency.
"I have had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have never had any trou..."
If Lucas made guns, wars would not start.
A friend of mine told everybody he never had any electric problems with his Lucas equipment. Today he lives in the countryside, in a large manor with lots of friendly servants around him an an occasional ice cold shower...
Back in the 70's, Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which did not suck.
Q: Why do the British drink warm beer? A: Because Lucas makes their refrigerators
Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone.Thomas Edison invented the Light Bulb. Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.
Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: Check the position of the stars,kill a chicken and walk three times clockwise around your car chanting:" Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant.."